Wednesday 30 March 2011

Cable Splitter - cable, cable splitter


I purchased this to split my monitor connection to my vizio lcd tv monitor input so I could watch netflix instant view and other things on my tv screen instead of my pc.

My tv isnt far from the pc tower, I understand if you have to go too far it will degrade, mine did not, I purchased this with (Cables To Go - 43098 - 25ft HD15 M/M UXGA Monitor Cable with 3.5mm Audio (Black))And it was very easy to hook up to the output on the tower for both pc monitor and the 25 foot cable to tv input.

I wasnt sure it would work after reading reviews for this, but it does and its awesome. I spent a small amt on something that some will pay 2 or 300 for to be already in the lcd tv.



VIP NOTE: you must have everything connected at both ends (not ness'the audio) to see how your screens (both) will appear, at first half way through w/ out the tv end done I thought oh no degradation but it was fine after connecting everything and filling all connections.



If you find you have the right connectors on the tower and tv this will work great but I wouldnt go much longer then I did incase it degrades.



My pc is two years old (pre vista) so its not as fast as the vista machines had to be yet it runs it fine, I think my pc has a pre installed nivida card?



Anyway it works great do some googling and find out whats needed and if this is it, it works fine ;O) PTC Premium GOLD Series VGA / SVGA 1 source to 2 displays Splitter cable

I bought this item hoping to output video to both my monitor and my tv, so that I wouldn't have to bother going behind the computer and switching the vga cables back and forth. After I plugged both the monitor and tv into the splitter plugs, the TV displayed fine (no loss of brightness and no ghosting through my 25ft VGA cable). The monitor, however, would only show wavy lines. The wave lines would only go away when I unplugged the cable going to the TV. Then the signal going to my monitor through this splitter would work just fine. So now when I want to use my computer monitor, I just have to unplug the cable going to the TV, which is still more convenient since I don't ever have to plug or unplug the cable going to my monitor.



Response to comment: The connections work just fine. The splitter provides some nice and tight fits. The problem is apparently that some monitors can't resolve a signal that is coming in at half the normal power. When both the TV and monitor are plugged into the splitter, my monitor can't resolve the weaker signal. When only the monitor is plugged into it, it receives all of the power and works just fine. This likely isn't a problem with the splitter itself, just my monitor, but be prepared for the splitter to possibly not work as hoped.

Actually, the review below is not entirely correct

It will work regardless of product price if your equipment supports it.

If you have equipment that can handle two displays at the same time it will work. Otherwise you will need a powered amplifier/muliplier VGA splitter.

The same is true if your cables are too long...

This cable is probably actually made to output from a computer to two display sources. Instead I've turned it around and use it to connect my laptop, or my XBox 360 to my monitor. Though it's setup like that only one can be turned on(connected) at a time. Cheaper alternative to the actually box that switches between the two. The build quality feels nice and the gold plating seems to have lasted. awesome.

For the price, the product works great. It will cut the signal strength down slightly so if you are sending to a projector, you may have to bump up the brightness. I am showing in a sanctuary that has poor lighting; so it works fine for now.

I bought this so that I could display an image on both my PC and T.V.. The T.V. signal came through allright, but both images were dark and blurry, especially my monitor, to make matters worse, my monitor was no longer autodetected and the resolution dropped. This will do the job, and if you're using it to play PC games on a larger TV screen it's actually a decent buy, but if you intend to do work on your PC at the same time, think about getting a powered VGA splitter.

product is nice idea, but only for short cable lengths. I have one monitor on a 25' extension cable and when plugged into splitter both displays go bad - wavey & distorted images and loss of brightness. Buying a powered video extender instead. At least this wasn't super expensive item - one more thing to put in the junk drawer for another time.

This is a well built adapter with good quality connectors. Works good for sending 1 signal 2 places, but does NOT send 2 signals to 1 place. Oh well, gambled and lost. But for a couple of bucks, it was worth the chance.

I use this to split a signal to 2 monitors for patients to look at, while i have 2 independent displays for myself ( DVI and VGA)... total of 4 monitors [ 1 , 2, 3/3 ]. This splits is well, is built well (almost too hefty though) and I have NO ghosting at all. They are connected with 35 foot runs of monoprice VGA cable and I havent had a problem. - Cable Splitter - Dual Monitor Cable - Cable - Vga Y'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information