Wednesday 30 March 2011

Hooded Towels - washcloths, hooded towels


Love these towels and wash cloths. I had received some carter's wash cloths - which were a cotton/polyester mix - and let's just say they were rough. You don't want to give your baby a bath with some rough wash cloths. These are 100% cotton and very soft and plush. Love them and my son loves taking baths! I would not recommend the green one - the frog leaf sticks out of the hood and my son does not like it on his head. Love the yellow hooded towel. SpaSilk 100% Cotton Hooded Terry Bath Towel with 4 Washcloths, Green

This towel is very nice, I like that it has a good quality to it, and the washcloths are nice too. The frog embroidery is cute wich is the one my baby owns, this set is great as a gift for a baby shower too.

I registered for this and received it as a baby gift. We always purchase high quality towels and washcloths for ourselves (but on clearance at TJ Maxx for about $5 for towels and $2-3 for washcloths because I love deals and can find them there without problem when looking) believing that you get what you pay for and knowing that they last several years before even losing their fluffiness. My husband insisted on getting infant sized washcloths for some reason which I still do not understand and we settled on these for the registry. With a name like SpaSilk and a description of their being 100% cotton, they sounded perfect.



When they arrived, they were exactly like the terry cloth shop rags that I get at Sam's Club and were no better after washing - rough, scratchy, and practically see-though in some spots. Fine for rags; not for any human to wash with. And, there were threads pulled all over the place. Cheaper than what I got at the cheapest 1 star hotel that I have stayed in for a pool towel! I also didn't care for the lack of attention to detail that appeared to go into selecting coordinating colors. The trim material green is a mint green which is not like any other shade of green used in these towels. Thus, they are far cuter in the pictures than in real life. We used it for one bathtime and there was a great deal of crying when the towel went on and a lot of scratch marks on the baby from drying. I will be watching the clearance racks for softer towels and washcloths! Just like another reviewer said, if I had bought these locally, I would have returned them. It is just not worth the hassle to return.

Bought this towel washcloth set because I liked the frogs. We use it with each bath and it works fine. Launders well. I do like other thinner, softer baby washcloths to use for washing on our 5 week old daughter. I use the wash cloths from this set to wet and place on her abdomen to keep her warm in the bath (they are thicker, larger and a little rougher). I think these wash cloths will work well for washing her when she is bigger.

I bought this for my baby girl. I haven't even used them yet but while trying to take the tape off of the rolled up wash clothes the material kept snagging and now looks horrific! I am so disappointed because they look so cute and feel pretty nice but it simply wasn't worth the money.

While you can certainly USE a regular towel to wash your baby. Nothing says "pics for the grandparents" than a bath with this adorable set. The towels and washcloth are soft, a good size, and extra cute. Very satisfied!

it's 100% cotton, so it absorbs great and is gentle to baby's sensitive skin. though the blue whale seems to be a little scratchy on the inside where it touches his forehead. i might cut the thing off. - Hooded Towels - Washcloths - Spasilk'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Hooded Towels - washcloths, hooded towels spasilk Hooded Towels - washcloths, hooded towels