Wednesday 30 March 2011

Dual Monitor Cable


I was trying to split my vga output to a monitor and a projector (via a 50 ft cable). I had the same experience with ghost images on my monitor as one of the previous reviewers. I'm guessing this splitter isn't designed to work with long cables. I ordered a 2-Port UXGA Video Splitter Extender (Cables To Go - 29550) which works much better, although it was somewhat more expensive. Tripp Lite P516-001 VGA/XVGA Monitor Y Splitter HD15M/2XF

Workes fine, I used it to split my VGA display of my HP Media Center PC to my HDTV that has a VGA input this works great gives me a bigger screen to watch some of the recorded TV from the PC.



Not much to it just a Y connector so not much to go wrong and as always more than happy with ording via Amazon, not a Dud order yet and I order lots of stuff, mostly tools, books, DVD's.

I use this to have a projected image and a monitor for use in my classroom. However, when I want to work at the computer, I disconnect the projector because of the ghost image on the monitor. In general, though, it serves the purpose for which I intended.

Just to clarify this does not actually split your video as in creating a dual or extended monitor. If you are trying to use two monitors and want to be able to display two different images on them then this is the wrong product. I tried this on my PC and even if it did do the job of splitting the video the resolution was awful. I'm going to try the SEE2 USB 2.0 To VGA Ext Video.

I've read the other reviews about this splitter. I do not know what they are talking about but I think it works great. I get the same picture on my television as I get on my computer monitor. I can leave them plugged in and turned on at the same time and it couldn't be better. In fact I watch almost all the Netflex movies on the TV. Great picture! I couldn't be happier!!

Got this to run my computer to both the monitor and to my 37" HDTV and it works perfectly. The computer sits right between the two, so I have only a 6 foot cable to each, but I have seen absolutley no ill effects from the splitting.

The splitter works fine, but was really unusable for me because it reduced the brightness on the monitors to a level that really made it hard to see. It's not a problem with the product itself, though -- just a side effect of splitting a signal in half. I tried using a signal booster in conjunction with the splitter, but that didn't seem to help.

I bought this product to split my desktop computer to my main monitor and to my HDTV in the other room. As others has said it does diminish the brightness on the monitor, but it hasn't done so on my HDTV. As I mainly use my computer on my HDTV these day I haven't had a problem with the lose of some brightness on my monitor at my computer desk. Besides for that little lost it works great as it was indented for.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information