Wednesday 16 March 2011

Fellowes Shredder - credit card shredder, fellowes shredder


Spent a great deal of time pouring over the reviews for shredders - something for home use - as small as possible, which would handle the handfuls of credit card offers, old bills, etc, and there didn't seem to be one clear choice - everything had widely variable reviews from "the perfect machine", to "don't waste your money, it blew up after a day", so it was hard to find a clear winner. So, I wound up going with this one because the reviews were all OK, but there were only 3, so I was worried. Well, just got it today, and it's just what I wanted! Put it in the slot, and it GRABS the junk mail, and boom - it's gone in one second, just like any huge, expensive office machine. Now, if you are VERY worried about security, the pieces are big enough to show a couple of words if you put the paper in the wrong direction, but since I was tearing this stuff up by hand before, you can't compare. Plus, I dump it loose down a trash shoot, so unless the FBI wants to put a team on sifting through the trash from 400 apartments, and spends a few months putting it together, I think that I'm pretty safe. The only slight complaint that I have is that the lower half is pretty flimsy, and it takes a second or two extra to get the bin back in flush with the main body.

Oh, and love the casters on the bottom, so I can easily move it to the outlet, and shove it out of sight when I'm done. Of course I just got it, so I can't comment on how long it will last, but I have a feeling that it will be just fine - very good value for this price. Royal Machines 112MX 12-Sheet Cross Cut Shredder Shreds CD's with Console (Black)

I had an older shredder that just did strips. It had a propensity to plug up, and putting it in reverse often did not solve the problem, so had to unplug it and try to clean out the jammed little pieces of paper. With tweezers, needle-nosed pliers and a lot of patience, I could usually get all the paper out, but it was a chore. It finally just quit working after a couple of years.



Also, it only took one sheet at a time, did not have an auto setting, and was extremely noisy.



This Royal shredder is a vast improvement. It is far less noisy, and the auto setting makes it extremely easy. I limit the number of sheets to eight, and it eats them up easily with no jams. I have tried envelopes and 4x6 cards, and they all are taken quickly.



As one other reviewer wrote, the removable basket is a bit flimsy, but it will fit in OK if I push it gently. Also, wish it were a bit larger, but all in all, I am very pleased with this unit.



Now I'm glad the old one quit working. :)

It really works great cross cutting which I needed it to do and it takes up till 12 sheets as promised.

I love the fact it has little wheels on, so I can move it around in the office, and it's easy to clean under.

I use this paper shredder daily. With the loads of junk mail, Credit Card, receipts, and an occasional credit card. I baby it as I have had some bad experiences in the past with other equipment brands. I haven't had a single issue with this one. I only put a few sheets in at a time and it seems to handle the load well. If you get more than a few pages in it seems to want to bog down as expected. So if you only load a couple pages at a time it does a great job. I'm just glad to find a machine that does better than the others that only last a day or so. I have had this one for a few months. I would buy this one again.

Poured over many reviews before settling on this one.

I did not realize it has a pull-out basket until I put it together. What a nice surprise... makes it easy to unload the scraps without pulling the shredding unit off the top.

Unit is relatively quiet compared to others I've tried in stores. The credit card and CD shredders work great. Shreds paper with no problem. Wheels are a big plus.



My only complaint is the cover over the main shredder insert. If you want to slide a thin receipt or other small piece in, it makes it a little difficult for it to grab... but that's about it.



Got my best deal through J and R Music World online.

We bought a Royal from one of the Big Box Stores (club). It was promoted on its box as 14 page cross cut shredder. Well, it cross cut in the conventional sense but 4 sheets of regular 20lb copy machine paper would bog it down and 5 sheets would jam it. It also did several overheats and shut itself down while we tried to production-shred old documents. We took the piece of junk back. We bought this machine because it had the fewest legitimate sounding negative reviews of all the lower end Amazon offerings.



This one works well and chews up heaps of old junk mail without overheating or jamming. It will even eat those dozens of bank promotions with the "write your own cash advance check" inside, without opening the envelope. Big plus. We've now run about 2 banker's box loads of paper through it and have no complaints.



Negative (and the only reason for not giving this 5 stars) is that the manufacturers are all liars. This machine would no more eat 12 sheets of any type of paper than it would eat 500 sheets at a time. The limit on this machine is 6 to 8 sheets of paper, depending on the width, thickness and paper strength.



One other nit-picky concern might be the "cross cut" pattern. Rather than confetti-sized paper bits, this machine puts out little short strips ... confetti wide but about an inch long -- long enough to possibly contain a complete account number or bit of sensitive information. I'm not quite that paranoid but this is definitely not high enough security if you're really worried about data theft. - Fellowes Shredder - Credit Card Shredder - Shredders - Home Shredder'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information