Saturday 5 February 2011

Thermal Compound - cpu grease, cpu cooling


This stuff is like magic. I had been using Radio Shack's 'thermal compound' and when my core i7 was stressed, it could reach over 80deg. I just performed a stress test with the Arctic silver and my CPU barely cracked 50deg. I will be using Arctic Silver on all my PC building projects from now on! Arctic Silver 5 3.5G Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Grease CPU Heat Sink Compound

These are indispensable when building your own computer, or to simply maintain your overheating components later on in life. Take the heatsink off, use some 91% iso alcohol to clean it off, and then apply the AS5 (not the curse word) on, and watch your temps drop a good 5% or so. This tube is probably enough to apply on at least 4~5 heatsinks

Firstly, decided to reseat the zalmann on my old Gigabyte hd3870. In my last microATX case, the gpu was getting up into the low 90's. After removing the old compound with some 91% isopropyl and then applying some AS5 (on a tricky platform) honestly, I didn't see much difference. I realize, though, that the airflow was just terrible and so was the bios of the card witch kept the fan at 0% until 106c. After getting a new In-Win Dragonslayer case (GREAT airflow) and making my own bios (because gigabyte nor ati provide a useful one, thx) the card stays under 75c max settings minus AA in Bad Company 2. Whether this is the result of the AS5 or the combo of airflow + having the fan speed at 30% minimum, I dunno. Also applied some to my new unlocked phenom II x4 B45 and the temps stay under 55 at 3.5 oc (1.37v) and stock cooling. Though, didn't get to compare to the AMD thermal paste, hence the only 4 out of 5. Temps seem to get lower over time but also, nearly october now, it is getting cooler outside.

I was intending to fix my XBOX before Thanksgiving with this item but it took 3 weeks to arrive! I ended up just going to Radio Shack to buy the same item.......save yourself the waiting time and just go buy the Arctic Silver 5 at your local Radio Shack for a couple of bucks more. - Computer Heatsinks - Thermal Paste - Cpu Cooling - Cpu Grease'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Thermal Compound - cpu grease, cpu cooling computer heatsinks Thermal Compound - cpu grease, cpu cooling