Saturday 5 February 2011

Computer Hardware - usb floppy drive, teac


I purchased a new computer with Windows Vista platform. The computer does not have a floppy drive so I have been unable to use any of the 3.5" disks on which I have data. Recently while in a local thrift store, I found and purchased a used TEAC FD-05PU usb external floppy drive. Took it home, plugged it into the new computer, inserted a data-filled floppy, and watched a small miracle...it worked. A great little external drive accepted by Windows Vista on plug-and-play. I'm not sure how old the drive is, but it is whirring along with no problems. Teac Corp. - Floppy Drive - 1.44 Mb - USB - External

The USB floppy drive works great! Windows XP recognizes it, and I can plug it in and unplug it without rebooting. I got it from the seller very quick and it was everything I was hoping it would be. Great product! Great service from seller!

excellent product one came with my Sager laptop years ago and I've purchased more of them for friends, and family... everyone loves it and the price is great I can't even count how many internal floppy drives I've had to replace for myself or people I know regardless of who made them... this I've had for years and not a single issue yet

It does what it is supposed to do, no frills no thrills, not the fastest 3.5 out there, but for the price it cannot be beat. I recommend this for anyone who would need a 3.5 floppy occasionally. As for the use...simple...plug and play, my system uses XP and no interface problems. The purchase itself was flawless, a great company to do business with, again, I recommend them.

We upgraded our computers where I work and of course, no floppy drives. Our department did purchase an external floppy drive for all of us to use when needed. But I just can't be running back and forth looking for it, as I need to use one almost everyday, so I bought the TEAC External USB 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive (FD-05PUB). It works like a trooper and I am very glad with the purchase. I have to say though; I didn't pay anything near what the price is showing it costs today. If you're in the market for and External USB 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive, I would recommend this one. I'm actually thinking about buying another one for home.

This purchase was really easy to make and the item arrived in a timely fashion. It was even easier to install and has been performing exceptionally well. I would purchase from this site again when in need of something from their product line.

I was a little skeptical buying a 3.5 floppy drive to transfer literally hundreds of disks' data to a laptop and on to a CD.



This drive has been everything I could have expected. It is small enough to fit into a laptop bag. It is especially quiet while running and has performed very well.



If you are seeking a quality product, the TEAC External USB 3.5 Floppy Disk Drive is your avenue.

This is one of the best purchases a retrogamer could do. TEAC units are historically deemed as the most reliable floppy disk drives, and this USB version of a 3,5" FDD makes no difference: the unit can read old, rusty and dusty DD (720 KB) and HD (1,44 MB) disks with ease, and the installation (on Windows Vista) is as much plug-and-play as connecting a USB cable gets.



I'm still waiting to try the writing functionality with some empty floppy disks, but the experience with my drive has been excellent thus far.



For people complaining that the drive stops working after you plug-in it for the fist time, there is a catch: once you have disconnected the drive, you have to reboot to be able to use it again or Windows (Vista, but I bet it's the same on XP and 7 as well) will not recognize the drive anymore.... - Usb Floppy Drive - External Floppy Drive - Usb - Teac'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information