Thursday 3 February 2011

Scientific Calculator - calculators, casio


I used to own a TI-36 made by Texas Instruments. That was a nice calculator, but then I decided to upgrade to this calculator.There are many differences that set this calculator apart from the TI-36. First of all, I love the 2 line display that displays the equation or whatever you just typed in on the top line and the answer on the bottom. Makes a perfect alternative to a graphing calculator that is very similar by displaying whatever you originally typed in. The TI-36 did not offer this. THis is a big plus.Also, whenever you need to indicate a negative value, you can either use the negative button or the minus button before the value... for example, if you wanted to enter -5, you just have to key in - 5. With a TI calculator, you have to key in the five first, and then the negative sign. The TI way used to cause me to make some errors, but the Casio way is very logical! Finally, you can use this calculator in any lighting condition. Because of three way power, you can use the solar panel in bright conditions and battery power in dark conditions, all automatically without any user interference!There are tons of calculations that you can do with this calculator.Although this calculator may seem a little expensive for a scientific calculator, I highly recommend it! It is definitely worth the money! Casio FX-300MS Plus 229-Function Scientific Calculator

I just got my fx300w and was trying to replicate the bug ALENCIOUS reported. I found actually he/she misunderstood the functions. By RCL you only see what's stored in those alpha memory spots. If you wanna use them to calculate, you do not need to recall and cal( this will actually become what in ANS calculate with the last alpha u enter. The correct way to do calculation is just press Alpha and the spot u want to cal. In ALENCIOUS's example, it would be 'Alpha A + Alpha B', and that's absolutely correct.

Overall, I think this calculator is [inexpensive], convinient and powerful. I like it more than my TI-82 and also more than the new casio MS series(fx-300ms) :). Enjoy!

This calculator was recommended in my undergrad engineering lab courses. This calculator served well in preparing for reports in the courses. Low price but very sophisticated. A must for students taking lab courses. ALENCIOUS SHU ZEE LO is WRONG!

My new school forced me to get a scientific calculator after using a graphing calculator (TI-83) for several years. Using this calculator is a breeze. I now prefer to use it over my TI. The natural textbook display allows one to input a long formula error free. I highly recommend this calculator.

This is a great little scientific calculator.

The buttons are soft and precise. It has all the functions that a student needs for Math.

The protective cover is strong.

I have no hesitation in recommending this unit.

This calculator accompanied me through high school along with all the standardized tests. I love it for all its functions (there's a lot, if one ever kept the manual and read it =) ). I really like the top line that shows you your inputs, so that when you get an unexpected answer, you'll be able to find the problem.



The only reason I bought a new one was because I misplaced my old one. I expect this one to last me at least decades since battery life has been a non-issue. This will be the only calculator I'll ever carry and use. Even now, I use it in grocery stores to figure out unit prices.

Very good calculator. I have been using it for college math and I have yet to find anything negative about it. I broke my last calculator which was 3 times the price of this one but this one comes equipped with a hard plastic cover which slides on and off. It stays on too; pretty impressive. It has a two line display and a memory cache so if you make a mistake, forget how to complete a previous problem, or you write the answer down wrong, you can scroll through your previous calculations to find what you need. Not bad for 10 bucks.

It is hard to beat a calculator that has this functionality for just over ten bucks. It would be perfect for what I want with one exception. You CANNOT directly enter exponential notation. They have an ENG button, but it is purely for formatting the display once the calculation is done. Say What?



This makes the calculator completely annoying for Electronics calculations using Inductors, Capacitors, Frequency. Basically anything over basic DC circuits.



I should be able to enter the value of a 40 mH inductor as 40[ENG](-)6, but with this calculator I have to use 40[x][SHIFT][10^X](-)6.



That gets annoying when you are using Inductor, Capacitor and MHz (10^6) frequency values in one quick calculation.



Oh, well. Make sure you don't need this before you buy it. A great price is only a great value if the product is useful for you.



Edit: OK, after playing around more with this calculator, I'm giving it one more star. The 10^x issue isn't as annoying. You are not required to multiple before putting a 10^x function on something. This helps a little. It would be much better if ENG worked as it should, but this is a good calculator for the price. - Engineering - Scientific - Casio - Calculators'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information