Thursday 3 February 2011

Ipad Accessory - notebook computer bags, ipad bag


I purchased this bag for my Asus 1002HA netbook. I looked at several other bags including the neoprene cases popular on Amazon and elsewhere. This bag fit my needs best - an all purpose netbook bag that can be used for business travel and storage.



The bag is well designed and the construction quality is superb. Padding is fine throughout and it features a divided sleeve compartment for the netbook and external DVD or hard drive, as well as a spacious front pocket area for a few accessories. There are also a couple of zippered pockets for flat items. Unlike many of the neoprene cases, which tend to be very tight, my netbook fits inside the Citygear bag perfectly. The computer is easily accessed, slides in an out without fear of scratching, but is also held securely.



The bag is very compact and lightweight. It's hard to complain about space in a bag designed for a netbook, but I wish it provided a little more room for the power brick and cord. I can get it in the front pocket, but it fills it up. Adding an external DVD drive for travel presents a bit of a problem. You can do it, but the bag really feels overfilled at that point, and I would fear something might get crushed. With all this gear, throwing in a couple of other things like an ipod and camera is out of the question.



Bottom line: I'd give it 4.5 stars if I could. It's as good as it gets for its size and I would buy it again, even with the space constrictions. If you frequently travel with external drives or lots of accessories you might want to consider something larger. But for traveling with just the netbook, mouse, and power supply, this bag is outstanding. Targus CityGear Netbook Case for up to 10.2 Inch Netbooks- Black and Grey TSM097US

I bought my Samsung NC10-14GB 10.2-Inch Blue Netbook - Up to 8 Hours of Battery Life with a neoprene sleeve (also a Targus) to protect it. I felt initially that I could keep it in my backpack which has a padded section for a laptop. This worked quite well for a few days, then I began to worry that my rather heavy nursing books might put too much pressure on the Netbook. I looked at and bought this case for several reasons:



- It fits the NC10 VERY well - even the sleeve had a bit of wiggle room, but the fit with this case is snug, but not too binding.



- The case feels like its quality - the handle and shoulder strap feel durable and able to put up with some abuse. THe bag is also nicely padded.



- The case, unlike the sleeve, has compartments for the AC power brick, cable, USB Flash drives, and miscellaneous papers. I can also put my Logitech V220 Cordless Optical Mouse for Notebooks (Scarlet Red) in the mesh pouch nicely.



- It looks nice - It's dark gray and black with some yellow highlights. Very tasteful, and works well on a casual as well as a professional level.



I may play with this case for a bit to see if I like carrying it with my backpack to and from school. One thing I DISLIKE about the case is that the shoulder strap is not removable. I would prefer to carry it like a suitcase while wearing my backpack. The strap gets in the way in tight quarters, but in some situations, you can hang it on a chair back to keep it out of the way.



Overall - high quality and very functional messenger bag for my Samsung netbook. Not perfect for everyone, but it does a lot right. Recommended.

I had been looking for a small messenger bag that could fit both my iPad and the wireless Apple bluetooth keyboard for a while now. Everything I had seen previously was too small to fit both (even with the iPad with no case), or was just too big or way too wide. I had been eying this bag for a while, and decided to give it a try. It's perfect! It is a well constructed, attractive bag. It is definitely big enough for the iPad AND the Apple wireless bluetooth keyboard, even with my iPad in a leather folio case. There's even enough extra space for accessories, without the bag feeling like its become cumbersome or "bulky".



Overall, I would highly recommend this case to anyone looking for a great messenger bag for their iPad.

This is a perfect bag w/shoulder strap for my iPad and a number of iPad accessories, which I will list.



I can fit my (1st generation) iPad into the Targus case while my iPad is in a Simplism Silicone Case Set for iPad. I can fit it when it's in a PRIMA Car Seat Mountable and Flip Stand Lux Case for the Apple iPad. And I can fit my iPad into the Targus case when my iPad is in the aluminum Joby Gorillamobile Ori for iPad. And when my iPad is in either of these three cases and/or sleeves (the Simplism is more of a sleeve), sliding it into the rear inner section of the Targus case is easy.



When my iPad is in any of the cases/sleeves just mentioned, I can also fit my Apple Wireless Keyboard in the Targus case. And I can even fit the keyboard into the Targus case (when there's also an iPad in a case/sleeve in the Targus) when the keyboard is in a WaterField Designs/SF Bags "Keyboard Socket," which is made specifically for the Apple bluetooth keyboard, and which, as far as I know, is only available directly from WaterField Designs/SF Bags (easy to find via Google). I considered making a video to show this but it's easier to type, so I'll try to describe what I'd show in a video: The iPad in a case/sleeve is in place in the compartment in the inside rear of the case. (I specify "inside" because there is a mesh compartment with a Velcro opening on the outer rear side of the case.) I then slide the keyboard, naked or in the aforementioned Keyboard Socket, battery end up with the keypad facing the front of the case, into the Targus case. It slides in smoothly but the fit is on the tight side, but even with the keyboard in the Keyboard Socket, the fit is not so tight that I have to use any force. I don't know if the Targus case was designed with just this type of use in mind (and I doubt it was given that the tag attached to the one I bought from Amazon doesn't even mention the iPad, whereas the same bags at my local WalMart have presumably newer tags that do mention the iPad), but it's as if it was, because it's a perfect fit. But before I put both the iPad and Apple bluetooth keyboard into the Targus case, I go into the iPad's settings and turn the bluetooth function to OFF, for otherwise, even if the keyboard has been turned off, it is bound to get activated and turn the iPad on when the iPad is in the Targus case. (I don't care if the keyboard itself gets turned on, for the only way to prevent that would be to remove the batteries or at least loosen the part that holds the batteries in place, and that would be too much hassle.)



Okay, so I have the iPad in a case/sleeve in the Targus case, and I have the Apple bluetooth keyboard naked or in the WaterField Designs/SF Bags Keyboard Socket in the Targus case. What other iPad accessories, etc., can I fit without turning the Targus case into a lumpy looking thing?



At the risk of sounding like the Ronco guy ("I can fit this! And this! And you also get these knives!"), I can fit a lot more in the Targus. For purposes of this review I have my iPad in the Simplism sleeve (which is not the thinnest sleeve because of four hard raised silicone areas on the back of it) in the Targus, and I have the keyboard in the Keyboard Socket in there as well. And I can still fit the incredibly handy Arkon Portable Fold-Up Stand for Apple iPad in the front section of the Targus, as well as either the charger and charge/sync cable that comes with the iPad or the Griffin Technology PowerBlock for iPad and the Griffin Technology 3 Meter USB to Dock Cable (that's 9 feet of fairly thick cable, a lot thicker than the cable that comes with the iPad, and BTW it doesn't have to be used with a dock as it plugs right into the iPad, and the current price at the linked to listing is at least twice what you should pay), and there's still room for a capacitive stylus and a regular pen and a cloth to wipe the screen with. With all that in the Targus case it's still not lumpy. It's getting thick, but not lumpy. And even with all that in the Targus case, I can fit my reading glasses case in the zippered front outer compartment on the lid of the Targus case. And with all that in the case there's room for a cell phone and/or a Flip type camera. You could fit a few envelopes or papers in the mesh compartment on the rear of the Targus case without crossing the boundary into lumpy-looking-case territory. With all this stuff in the case the case is thick (reminds me of lunch boxes I had when I was a school kid) but not lumpy-looking (or lumpy-feeling, though with all of the above in it - including a cell phone, a Flip camera, and the 3-meter long cable - it weighs around 5 lbs.).



I've never owned anything with a shoulder strap that didn't keep sliding off my shoulder, but even though I'm a 6' tall big guy, the shoulder strap on the Targus case can be extended to a length that enables me to comfortably carry it with the strap on the shoulder opposite the side of my body that the case rests against. On me, with the strap extended as far as it will go, that leaves the Targus case resting against my hip below my waist with just the top of it above my waist, and for me that's an ideal carrying position. In this position I can also slide the case around so that it's halfway behind me.



While the shoulder strap is not removable (unless you cut it off because you never want to use it), it is easily tucked inside the case, even with all the stuff in the case that I list above, and the case can then be carried by its handle.



You can see sharp, clear, zoomable images of the Targus case at the Targus site (go to the site and search for the model number TSM097US; it says "download" below each of two icon-sized images, but when I click on those in the Firefox browser, it opens another window with a zoomable image; one of the images gives you a clear picture of the front-most section that I am about to comment on). The only thing about the Targus case that I think could be improved upon is the staying capacity of the zippers on either side of the front-most compartment. On the one hand it's nice that in order to access that compartment you don't even need to pull the zippers down but can just pull at the edge of the flap and the zippers will come right down, giving you total visual and physical access to the contents of that compartment, but I wish the zippers were tighter when in the up position. They haven't slid down on me, but with enough jostling (e.g., in crowded to the point of standing room only public transportation), I imagine that they could slide down, leaving the sides of that compartment exposed with the possibility of something falling out.



I'm very pleased with this case, for I finally have one convenient place to carry all my iPad related stuff in. (If anyone doubts that I can comfortably fit all the stuff I list above in the case, say the word and I'll post a short video to show that I can.) - Netbook Cases - Notebook Computer Bags - Ipad Bag - Ipad'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information