Thursday 3 February 2011

Home Theater - audio, mac


I was a bit skeptical of this cable at first because of how thin it is. However, it works perfectly, and the price is awesome. There's really no need to pay more. When you think about it, optical signals aren't subject to the same type of interference as traditional electrical signals. Thus, you don't need beefy shielding for a clear signal. Less material is also better for the environment! StarTech.com THINTOSMIN6 6ft Toslink to Mini Digital Optical SPDIF Audio Cable

I bought this cable to be used on my mini-mac (althought works with any mini-plug headphone conection)to connect the audio line to my home theather receiver as a digital signal.



...this is a whole new level of audio quality in comparison with the analog signal...try it.

This TOSlink to Miniplug is the perfect addition to my home theater. I use it to attach the Optical headphone jack on my Mac mini to my Yamaha 5.1 receiver. The mini connects to a HDTV LCD via DVI-HDMI cable and needs a separate audio connection. Sound quality is excellent with this cable!



And the price cannot be beat...

My first foray into fiber optics. Had to first decide which end connections were necessary for the cable. That was the most difficult part. Toslink? Miniplug? So much for standardization. In the end I got the right cable and it works great. I'm happy and now I understand a little more about fiber optics.

I got this one for very cheap... it carries digital (optical) signal from minplug-like jacks to optical TOSLINK inputs. I used it to get digital quality sound from my Macbook and it does so perfectly. The only thing, is that the optical end does not stay quite fixed into the optical jack, so any touch will take it out inmediately.

I was making myself crazy looking for one of these for my Airport Express. This one works perfect. No complaints. When compared to the mini-to-RCA connection it's like comparing the audio on your answering machine to a movie theater. - Mac Mini - Mac - Dolby - Audio'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information