Saturday 12 February 2011

Corded Phone - corded phone, slimline


I bought this phone to use in my dorm. The steel/cement structure is a perfect insulator to many things, including cell signal. This phone was to replace my cell when I was in my room. When I opened the box, I was amazed at how small it was and impressed by how clear the sound was. Set up took less than 2 minutes.



I was surprised by one thing: the cord is not replaceable. There is no jack in the receiver, which means, if you break the jack, you would have to buy a new phone (or rejack the end with an rj-11 jack) but at around $7, I really don't worry.



Bottom line: great emergency phone, dorm phone, cheap phone. Would not hold up to a lot of use, but for a spare, it will do the job. Uniden Black Slimline Corded Phone (Slim1100BK)

This is an absolutely basic cordline phone. I bought it to have a phone available in my computer room. I plugged it into my Canon printer/fax, which is plugged into the wall. That way, I can pick up the phone if someone calls my landline while I'm in that room, and we have a corded phone in the house in case of a power failure. (For the benefit of you kids out there -- if you have old fashioned phone service, as opposed to digital phone, then a wireline, non-cordless phone will still work in a power failure).



This phone is slim and black, and looks fine. Frankly, I never notice it unless someone calls. There are a couple holes in the base, so you could probably hang it on a wall with two screws. Other than that is completely basic. It doesn't have caller id, and other features are bare bones - two ring settings, a redial button, and a flash button, but not much else.



Still, at the price, it's a great backup phone. Calls are clear, and it does everything I want, which is just to make and receive calls.

After reading some of the reviews here I was nervous that this model would be a little too 'no-frills' without a redial button. However, I own 4 other basic corded phones from GE and Panasonic and they all have a redial button- I think it's just a standard button as much as the numbers themselves. Sure enough this model DOES have a redial button, as well as a flash button. There's also the ringer and speaker volume slider switches right on the handset. The handset seems durable enough. It has a surprising heft to it so I'm sure it can withstand being dropped every now and then. There's not much to say about the call quality since it's a landline phone- it works, plain and simple. The base feels a bit flimsy though. It's very light and the plastic seems thin. I suppose it's not the important part of the phone anyways. There are some silicone feet on the base that keeps it from sliding around on your desk- a nice touch. As others have mentioned, the cord is directly hardwired into the handset, so if it goes you have to replace the entire phone. The cord is 66" from the base to the plug, and there's a built in cord retainer in the base in case you want to take up the slack. The footprint is only 2.5" x 8", very slim indeed. The only other thing is that the color is matte black and not glossy as pictured, but I don't care either way. Overall a well-constructed, very affordable, no-frills telephone that barely takes up any room on your desk.

this was a no brainer with amazon prime. the phone works. Sounds comes through fine and people hear me fine. I'd recommend as a garage or spare phone. I'm using it as my ONLY phone at home since we're so mobile oriented. it's really an emergency phone.

I bought this as a phone for testing my phone line, or when the power goes out. My phone often goes out, so I can take this outside to my box, and plug it in to make sure it's the phone company's problem and not mine. I wanted something simple and small, and this fit the bill perfectly. It was smaller than I expected, which is fine since it will be stored most of the time, but it has a nice sleek design that would complement any decor. It's basic, it has a coiled cord which is permanently affixed to the phone, which becomes straight at the base and is about 5 feet long from the base. Despite the small size of the phone, the buttons are large. They are rubberized buttons, not backlit. Has a redial, and flash button. Two settings for volume, low and high. And two different ringers or you can mute it. That's it, it's about as basic as it gets. At about 7 bucks it's a great deal. I've had my Uniden cordless phone for about 7 years now, and they just can't be beat in terms of quality. I only buy Uniden when it comes to home phones, and this phone is no exception.

I purchased this phone only for installing and troubleshooting telephone lines inside houses and buildings and it does a great job for that - solid construction, no power required. one thing to note is that the cords are part of the unit, they cannot be removed like most phones are. For troubleshooting I carry around a RJ11 coupler with this and I can attach it anywhere and test the phone line. - Corded Telephone - Corded Phone - Slimline - Cheap Phone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information