Saturday 12 February 2011

Am Fm Radio - am-fm, am fm radio


This radio is impossibly small and has unexpectly good sound through the external speaker. I bought it only for external listening but I can say that the earphone is compatible with stereo headphones--that is to say that it plays monaural audio through both earphone channels.



The AM reception is superb. I don't know how they did it in such a small package; perhaps they used their experience with shortware receivers in this radio. Very sensitive FM reception but it has a touch too much resistance for fine tuning. On the other hand, the volume knob needs much more resistance because I found myself accidentally muting or blasting the audio. It also has a rather fragile FM antenna that does not swivel or sweep at all--you bend it, you break it.



At this size it's a good compromise. The FM is nothing to write home about but the AM reception is just incredible for such a tiny radio. Kaito KA200 Pocket AM/FM Radio, Black

I bought this for use while backpacking. I tested it's use along an Indiana trail (knobstone) which is known for it's many ridges and valleys. The radio worked well even in the deep valleys far from nearby towns. Its compact design, speaker, and stereo headphone jack were features I was attracted to and pleased with. I would recommend this product to a friend.

I was looking for a small pocket radio for pocket change. This is that radio. For the change I paid, I am happy it did not have any bells and whistles (it doesnt even come with an earphone, flimsy cover or crappy demo batteries). Every penny seems to have gone into the core components and it does an excellent job of catching am and fm waves and converting them to audio. Recommended if you are looking for a small, cheap, utilitarian am/fm radio.

The AM and FM reception is terrible. I purchased this radio to listen to local sports games when I'm outdoors and the stations fade in and out. These are local radio stations that normally have very strong signals in my area. The speaker quality is poor as expected from a small radio. Overall I am very disappointed in this product and will be returning it.

This is a nice little radio... It is very compact but puts out a lot of sound from its speaker. The tuning is a little quirky as well as the volume control but adjacent channel rejection is great and usually the problem I run into on inexpensive radios....This one is worth the money and maybe more...

The standard white earbuds that ship with an iPod aren't working for me with this radio. I tried other stereo headphones (Sony) and they worked fine (though not in stereo, of course). I don't understand what the difference might be. In both cases, when I plug the headphones into the radio's jack, the sound from the radio's loudspeaker cuts out as I'd expect, but with the apple earbuds there is no sound at all.

Excellent pocket analog ... If you're the type who likes to have a portable radio with you at all times, this one fits in your shirt pocket (3/12 x 2/18 x 3/4 in.) Reception is sensitive & highly directional. Volume is decent, sound quality is good. Keep in mind that this radio is of a particular genre - miniature AM/FM analog with built-in speaker.

This is in my opinion the most ideal radio for ultralight backpacking and hiking. I did much research before settling on this product and after using it on a recent outing I'm satisfied with my purchase. It uses AAA batteries like my other outdoor products i.e. headlamp, which simplifies having to bring separate size batteries and the unit also extremely small and light. The sound quality is excellent given the size, I'm very impressed with the reception and quality of the product overall. - Am Fm Radio - Radios - Portable Radio - Am-fm'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information