Friday 28 January 2011

Windshield Wiper - anco, windshield wiper


I was thinking about getting one of those more expensive uni-blade wipers (Bosh Icon etc), but then I checked Consumer Reports and these are rated just as good and for less money.



So far, they wipe like a champ! Anco 31 Series 3121 Wiper Blade - 21"

Hands down these are the best bang for the buck performance increase I did for my car this year.

I bought the 19" & 21" to replace my previous Trico blades that supposedly had a lifetime warranty & was on it's last leg after nearly 2 years.



I have found blades don't last that long esp. in 4 seasons outdoor conditions.

Therefore, it makes no sense to buy more expensive blades when they don't show a clear definitive advantage!



As for these Anco 3100 series - for a combine $10 for both delivered, out of the box, I feel like that dirt & smear fog has been lifted from my windshield.

Yes, it's only been a couple of weeks, but it's not like I have to justify paying 3x that for something that wipes just as good as the pricier brands.



I highly recommend these. as I said - BANG FOR THE BUCK!

I waited until there suitable weather in order to test this properly. With this morning's heavy rains and wind gusts up to 50mph, it seemed like a good time to put this wiper blade to good use. With the wipe speed at medium, the wiper blade was able to wipe away the rain without leaving streaks, thus allowing me to see the road clearly. It worked just as well as the more expensive adjacent wiper blade I had installed earlier.



Installation of the wiper blade was pretty easy as it just hooks on and took less than 5 minutes.

So glad I decided to try these before a $20-$30 pair of something else. These are built well and function great. Even if they last 3 months, I'm still happy. They are cheap enough to change out 4x a year and still save compared to more expensive makes.

Had these for about three months now. No real complaints. Survived an icy and snowy winter. Quiet and don't streak. The end piece of one blade did pop off but I was able to easily pop it back on (may have happened when it got stuck in snow). Installation instructions are terrible but I was able to figure out how to get them on.

I got this for my 2001 Audi A4. Apparently it doesn't "fit" the curve as good as more expensive bracketless models.

Result is an annoying chatter. I replaced it with a Bosch ICON and no more chatter.

So this is not a negative review of the product itself, but be warned that it doesn't fit all cars.

I purchased the ANCO 3115 for my rear hatch window and that worked out much better.

Just wish this would fit better on my car since it does wipe as good as the $15 Bosh.

Like other reviewers said, on Honda/Acura you have to pop off the plastic bracket that is supposed to make you only buy Honda/Acura wipers. Once I read that tidbit of advice, the wipers popped on fine. Bought 2 sets, 1 for car, 1 for SUV. The car wipers work fine, the SUV wipers catch on the drivers' side a little. In steady/heavy rain it is not as much of a problem, but in light rain when the windshield isn't as wet, the catching is more pronounced. Overall the wipers are ok, but I would not have rated them as highly as Consumer Reports did.

I bought these blades based on the excellent reviews on Amazon. It took me about all of four seconds to put them on. One blade came snapped in two, but Amazon's return service was AMAZING. I had a new blade in two days and the broken one picked up by UPS the next day. All I had to do was put it in the original packaging and leave it on my porch - easy as pie!! So far, the blades seem to be working very well. The provide a clean swipe with no chatter. I am looking forward to seeing how long they last...but for the price, they can't be beat! Even they last a few months, they are still worth the investment over buying blades 2-4 times as much. - Anco - Toyota Matrix Wiper Blades - Windshield Wiper - Wiper'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Windshield Wiper - anco, windshield wiper windshield wiper Windshield Wiper - anco, windshield wiper