Friday 28 January 2011

Bostitch - nailers, floor nailer


I have just finished installing a little over 200 sq.ft. of 3/4" walnut flooring and so far the stapler has worked without any problems. At the pace I am going it has saved me a lot of money vs. renting. I have about another 300 sq.ft. to go and will update this review went it is completed. NuMax SFL618BR 3-in-1 Flooring Stapler/Nailer with White Rubber Mallet

Excellent!!! Installing approxiamately 1500sq ft of tigerwood bamboo flooring and the NuMax SFL618BR 3-in-1 Flooring Stapler/Nailer with White Rubber Mallet has been flawless thus far... We are about half way done and no problems... Excellent product...

I bought this to install a 3/4" x 3 1/4" solid maple floor in about 1,000sq ft of space. Aside from it jamming once, I did not have any problems with it at all. The only time it did not sink the 2" staples was when I got tired and didn't hit it hard enough. I set the compressor to 95psi and it worked great. The mallet worked great and I just turned it around to tap the wood planks in with the angled hammer side of it. I would think this is ideal for a DIY'er.

I bought this to do 400+ sqft of flooring and did not want to rent a tool. At this price it was an easy choice to buy vs. rent. The tool has worked very well. I used the oil it came with in the air intake as you normally would to oil an air tool. Even so I did experience a couple of jams early and quickly realized that plunger shaft was not popping back up as easily as it should because there was paint oversprayed onto the shaft. I squirted some oil onto the plunger shaft and never had another jamb.



If you buy this tool I suggest you drop a bit of oil on the outside of the plunger shaft before using it and you will be very very happy.

Great product! My husband and I ordered this nailer for LESS than we paid to rent one twice.

We decided to put hardwood floors in most of the 1st floor of our new house, and being new at flooring, we figured we'd have it all done in a couple of weekends. Wrong!! We then borrowed a friend's manual stapler/nailer, but it took a lot of effort to use.

The NuMax is reliable and very easy to use. In addition, it uses several types of nails and staples, so we were able to not only use the huge box of nails we purchased at the rental store but also the smaller box of nails we bought for the manual nailer.

Just started using it this weekend; about 500 perfect nail shots and no failures or jams.



Hearing protection is a must. This thing is very loud. But well worth it for the labor savings of having the air drive the nail to an exact depth every time.

The NuMax Flooring Stapler was well worth the purchase. I couldn't be happier. The nailer performed well and it was a much better than renting one. The floor looks beautiful and now I have a tool for future projects. I highly recommend this product. I used bostitch 2" L cleats to install my floor and the tool never miss fired. There were a couple of times that I didn't hit the striker head hard enough and the cleat didn't set, but that was totally my fault. Don't know how other brands work, but this one was worth every penny.

Just received my NuMax and installed the first 150 feet of 3/4" prefinished oak flooring. Not a single mis-fire or marred piece of flooring (and this was the first time I have used a flooring nailer). I have about 1,500 feet to go.

I set my compressor at 110 psi and every nail was set perfectly. The handle on the mallet got a little loose near the end, but a wedge fixed that. A good product for the price and definitely better than paying high rent on a worn out nailer from a rental place.

I do high end carpentry and always seemed to borrow a flooring gun for the odd and end times i had to lay flooring. Lately I've ended up with flooring jobs over 10k sq ft and finally decided to buy one. For a $150 bucks I figured I'd try it 3000 ft in not a single jam, had to wedge mallet head (came loose) But that's it. Cool toy that seems tough!

This is an awesome nailer! I hammered 2 inch staples through my hard maple flooring with ease. I didn't want to buy the expensive Bostitch nailer as I am just a do-it-yourselfer. Anyway, I would highly recommend this nailer if you need a reliable piece of equipment at half the cost. Ironically, my neighbor bought a nailer for his flooring and it is falling apart already. You don't need expensive brand names, just something that works. - Nailers - Floor Nailer - Hardwood Flooring Nailer - Hardwood Floor Nailer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bostitch - nailers, floor nailer floor nailer Bostitch - nailers, floor nailer