Friday 28 January 2011

Over The Door Shower Caddy - shower caddies, caddy


I was looking for a good shower caddy that could fit over the wall of our shower... I really liked this one because of the hooks on the other side that can be used for towels, bathrobes, etc. But a lot of folks had complained about how fast it got rusty. So before I assembled and used this product, I sprayed every piece with 3-4 light coats of Rustoleum clear coat rustproofing enamel. I let it dry for 24 hours, assembled the caddy (i.e., hung the shelves on the body of the shower caddy), and hung it in my shower. That was over two months ago, and it still looks as new as the day I got it!



I highly recommend this product (lots of room, looks very nice), but only if you can take the time to rustproof it first. Zenith Products 7803SS Bathstyles Over-the-Shower Door Caddy, Chrome

We have had this caddy in our shower for one year and it is rusting at all of the joints. I love the size. I love that it is over the door and not hanging on the pipe. I love that the shelves are adjustable. Unfortunately for $40 we will be looking at other options for replacement.

We love this shower caddy - the adjustable shelves make it easy for several people to use with tall bottles, etc...

But as the other reviewers have noted, it began to rust almost immediately, and now it's a mess - 1 yr. later. I would gladly buy another, but don't have much faith that the quality control has improved.

after reading other reviews about the unit rusting i decided to buy this along with a can of epoxy spray paint. the epoxy worked like a charm and the unit works great. its very solid and stays in place.

Love this caddy! Here are the main features:



2 adjustable baskets - each holds 4-5 slim bottles, or 2 qt. bottles + 1 regular bottle

4 razor hooks - even holds curvy razors like the Ladies Gilette Venus

2 poof/washcloth hooks

Soap dish

2 towel hooks on outside



I love all these features! I put all the shower bottles I had into it, and I still have room for more. I have 2 qt. bottles, 2 slim bottles, facewash, shaving cream, razor, 2 poofs & a bar of soap. The towel hooks are great. Instead of stepping out onto the mat, dripping wet and freezing, you can just whip the towel over the door and emerge dry and warm!



Caddy sits well on the door, and includes 2 suction cups to keep it from banging the glass when the door is opened. They are large and do the job well.



The one and only thing I could possibly add to this caddy would be the upside-down loop in the bottom of the basket - to use up all the shampoo without shaking it down all the time. This single feature would make this caddy absolutely perfect.



Other reviewers have noted that it rusts. It's metal. All metal rusts, except stainless - and the welded joints would still rust because you can't weld *with* stainless. When it starts to rust, I'll buy a can of Rust-o-leum, and spray away.



This caddy is very much worth the money, even if I have to do a little maintenance to keep it in shape.

Finally, after going through and trying out so many different shower caddies I found this one. Over the door design so you can hang 2 towels on the back hooks and ADJUSTABLE shelves so you can accommodate those tall bottles on both shelves. Everything now fits perfectly in my shower. IF this things ever rusts, which I fully expect it to do some day, I'll just paint it with some black bbq grill paint. That will stop the rust and prolong its useful life. I am VERY pleased with my purchase!

I bought this caddy to hang over the towel rack in the shower. I was impressed with its sturdy build. The racks are adjustable and easy to clean. I would have expected to pay more for this level of quality. Since we liked it so much, I bought a second one for the other bathroom.

I hate the rack being under the showerhead so this is one of the only ones I could find that you can hang over the door or wall. But I like it. Our old one rusted after a few years--I guess that's just what they do. Anyway, it's not huge so I couldn't fit a lot of products in it but the two hooks are nice and the bottom of the basket is made good so items don't always tip over.

A bit expensive I thought but I would buy this again! - Bath Shower Caddy - Shower - Caddy - Shower Caddies'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Over The Door Shower Caddy - shower caddies, caddy caddy Over The Door Shower Caddy - shower caddies, caddy