Friday 28 January 2011

Cell Phone Holster


When they put in the word LARGE into the title, they are not kidding!



I am using this case for a Samsung Convoy and there is about 33% extra space in the case. Using a bit of black thread I shortened the clip-strap so the flap would fit tighter over the opening and that has helped a lot. A more expensive case would have a pull-tab adjustment. As-is, it is certainly large enough for one of the Midland GMRS gxt1000 two-way radios.



The case has a horizontal pass-through channel so you can wear it horizontally on a belt, or vertically using the belt-loop, or vertically using the metal clip.



The chromed-steel belt clip appears to be fastened onto the case well, and will fit a belt of about 1 1/4" or so. Since most cell phone cases I've had have failed at the clip, it looks like this one might actually last a couple of months!



The pouch flap also has a hidden magnetic closure in addition to the pinch-release clip. The little carabiner is pretty lightweight but looks to be adequate for medium-duty activities.



Remembering the price I paid, I am rating this higher than if it were selling for say, $20 or more. It's not a piece of actual duty gear, such as 5.11 or Blackhawk, but for civilian use, light professional and hobby/hiking it'll probably hold up OK.



Two days of use and it's hanging in there- I am very hard on cases and outboard gear such as this. If it blows out sooner than expected I'll (try to) post back. Samsung SCH-I730 waterproof canvas case with heavy duty

This case will fit a Sonim XP3 / Land Rover S1 "with room to spare"

so you can roll up your ear buds in a little plastic bag

and carry them with you in the case underneath the phone,

lifts the phone up so its easier to grab, fits perfect and snugs everything up

It also has a magnetic flap along with the plastic luggage style locking clasp.

Sturdy, good, and cheap---as in inexpensive.

Solid construction. I wanted a phone case that had a belt loop because the clips just don't secure the phone and mine was dropping all over the place. Then I wanted a secure clasp. The velcro and (worse) the magnet closures also were not secure.

Yeah, with that on my shopping list, go and find a case with those features. I couldn't until I checked here at Amazon.

Very satisfied.

Mind you...check that the case will fit your phone. I am 20th century in that my phone does not need 1,000 apps, so it's just a ruggedly built, army-style "Convoy" from Verizon. its shape is nothing like the iphone, so check dimensions to be sure.

I am entirely pleased. I hope you are, as well.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cell Phone Holster Cell Phone Holster Cell Phone Holster