Friday 21 January 2011

Replacement Battery - nintendo ds lite, replacement


I've had my DS Lite since the unit was released, and my daughter and I have logged many hours on it. When it stopped holding a charge, I realized that I really didn't want to have to replace the whole unit--I like the GameBoy Advance slot in the front, and the new body style doesn't have this.



Enter the perfect, cheap, renewable energy source: this replacement battery pack. For just a few dollars, we're back on our feet and playing away. It arrived simply packaged, with the tiny tool for undoing the screw on the DS Lite's battery panel, and within about 2 minutes we were done and on the charger.



A great way to bring your DS back from the dead.



UPDATE: I bought this battery from Amazon in July 2009. The vendor assigned to provide it to me was BlueMall and they did a fine job with shipping--it's just the battery and screwdriver in a baggie, really, put in a padded envelope as I recall. It's now been almost two years and the last year or so has seen my daughter use the DS just about any chance she gets thanks to her discovery of the Pokemon games. She'll do long multi-hour sessions or take it with her in the car and leave the lid closed if she doesn't have time to save. The battery still seems to be holding up just fine. We periodically run it flat and then do an overnight charge. I know that typically helps for laptops, so maybe that's a good idea with the DS, too... Rechargeable Replacement Battery Pack For Nintendo DS Lite

Despite claiming more than half as much capacity as the factory-supplied battery, the battery only lasts me about two hours per charge. I'll be switching back to the OEM as soon as possible.



Update: I tore off the sticker and found the cell inside is manufactured by TMB, product number 063048. According to the manufacturer, this battery is only capable of a 700mah charge, NOT the 2000 advertised. Do not waste your time with this battery, go for a more reputable option, like the OEM.

This rechargeable replacement battery pack has come in very handy. My daughter really enjoys her DS Lite and quickly wore out the original battery pack provided by Nintendo. After numerous searches in local retail stores, I decided to turn to the web for a solution. What I found was this excellent battery that comes with a handy screwdriver to help you replace the original battery in the DS Lite unit.



This particular battery sits perfectly in the DS Lite, and holds its charge for a very long time.



I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a reasonably priced non-Nintendo option for replacing a dead battery pack.

We have had a DS Lite for a while, and recently it stopped holding a charge. This battery seemed like a reasonable solution to our problem. It installed easily, shipped promptly, and holds charge without any problem.



If you need a replacement battery for a DS Lite you won't be unhappy with this purchase. It comes with a small screwdriver to help remove and reseal the battery cover. The entire process took only a minute or two and the DS Lite was back up and running.



This battery looks very similar to the old DS Lite battery, but had more English writing on it.

It fits, and it works. However, the power rating on it states 1600mWh and it did not last as long as the original DS battery which is 1000mWh. My son charges it at least once a day and he only plays it once a day for about 45 minutes. The DS battery would go for several days to a week before charging.

Replaced the original Nintendo battery with this one, which claims greater capacity than the original. However, I've found that I can get 1-2 hours of playtime out of this battery, at most, before it goes dead, which is nowhere even near the original battery's life.

I'm hoping that the battery works as expected and isn't a refurbished/reused/repackaged battery because it doesn't come in the pack as shown in the image. It came in a tiny plastic baggy instead. I guess I'll find out if it works when I give it to my NDS playing mother.

I bought this battery hoping to give new life to my dead DS Lite. It turns out that the battery was not the issue, but the battery sent works well with my other DS so it's not at fault. My only issue is with the little screwdriver they send with the battery. It almost completely ruined the head of the screw. I had to use a knife to undo the screw. The screwdriver is a piece of junk. I recommend using a knife or an eyeglass screwdriver instead. The battery works well though. - Replacement - Battery - Replacement Battery - Nintendo Ds Lite'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information