Friday 21 January 2011

Iphone Armband


I wanted something to hold my iPhone 4 when I take the dogs for a walk/run. I've never used such a contraption before and my other half purchased the Belkin DualFit armband, so I've been trying it out.



The Belkin DualFit armband, weighing 1.5 ounces, is a simple lightweight device used to store an iphone on your arm. The hand washable armband is sized by a Velcro strap and two slots. A larger enclosure holds the iPhone securely in place and fully covered. A clear plastic sheet encircled by a reflective strip protects the front of the iPhone while allowing the user to see and use the encased iPhone. A small pocket next to the larger water resistant enclosure is large enough to hold a house key or excess earphone wire.



There seems to be confusion about how to use the DualFit armband. When I first saw the armband, I thought I was to thread the strap through the inner slot, and loop it back through the outer slot. This just seems logical; however this method will size the armband between 9 to 11 inches. For larger arms, one should thread through the outer slot (as shown in the product image) which allows sizing between 11 and 15 inches. My initial confusion and comments from others indicates Belkin does a poor job of explaining how their product works.



The iPhone 4 fits in the DualFit's larger enclosure, but doesn't fit snugly. This is more of a visual issue than anything else. The iPhone4 is still protected from the weather, and fully functional.



I haven't bought my own armband yet, as sharing hasn't been a problem for us. When it becomes a problem, I will definitely consider purchasing this armband. If your looking for a weather resistant lightweight armband, the Belkin DualFit armband is worthy of consideration.



PROS:

Extra small pocket

Two slots for the perfect fit

Water resistant and lightweight

Comfortably fit up to a 15 inch arm



CONS:

Poor description and instructions

Fit for the iPhone 4 is a little sloppy Belkin Dual-Fit Armband for Apple iPhone (Black)

Belkin call this "Dual Fit" and the description says "easy on/off access so you can easily transition from your run to your daily routine". So I had the impression the case detached from the armband - it doesn't. I have no real idea what Dual Fit refers to, but this is simply a flexible protective cover attached to an armband - nothing more. It's comfortable and the iPhone seems fairly well protected from the elements, so I'd recommend it for that use. But I'd love to see a well designed easy-on-off cover that you really could use in "your daily routine".

I had high hopes for the Belkin Dual Fit Armband, but unfortunately the actual product fails to live up to my expectations. I was looking for a easy to use, comfortable armband that allowed me to use my interval running program on my iPhone as I begin my training regimen. Unfortunately, the only thing this product has going for it is that it is indeed comfortable, but using it is far from ideal. The issue is two fold and primarily lies in its design. I was disappointed when I first placed my iPhone 4 into the holder that the plastic screen cover wouldn't lay flat against my iPhone's glass screen, leading me to have to press 2-3x harder than normal to register nearly any press. Combined with the extra layer of glare the plastic screen cover added, it didn't matter if I couldn't press anything because I could barely see what i was trying to press. Only when i got back inside was I able to see anything useful on my screen. Unfortunately, no matter how comfortable this armband is (and indeed - it really is comfortable), if its not usable when its in the case theres really no way I can recommend this. I was able to take my iPhone in and out of the case fairly easily, for those concerned about how tight of a fit it was. I give it 2 stars for its comfort, but thats about its only redeeming quality.



Pros:

+ Comfortable



Cons:

- Poor fit/finish (Plastic screen protector inhibits iPhone screen usage)

- Additional layer of glare to content with in outdoor conditions

I ran 13 miles in a rainstorm and the arm band stayed in place and my iPhone was dry. It's comfortable but holds tight. I would say the band is kind of small. I have the strap almost maxed out and my arms are not that big.

This is my first review on an item. This item suck!!! save your money. Build quality is terrible, it takes 5 minutes to remove the phone from it becuase the platic just sticks on the screen. To small from my arm....... I take the lost, I read the reviews and it warned me. Now I am warning who ever is reading this stay away! It is sold in best buy so check it out for yourself.

I have recently puchased one from amazon. Although there were a few negative feedbacks I thought they were not solid enough to make me step back and also there were positive feedbacks too. Incredible! Don't buy it. Seriously. You can hardly insert iphone 4 into the case and you can very very hardly pull it back. I don't know what to do with it.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Iphone Armband Iphone Armband Iphone Armband