Friday 21 January 2011

Fibromyalgia - delicious, health


I have tried all the flavors of Vita Coca and this one is the BEST !!



This brand is much better than ONE or Zito.



Fyi.. a great way to try all the flavors is with the variety pack.



I like to save an extra 15% and get this shipped once per month. I drink

them after a working out and since I work out about 5 days a week,2

12 packs of drinks works out about right.



With vita cocoa...being healthy takes GREAT !



Very Smooth taste. To me, this acai & pomegranate is very good. The pineapple flavor is still my favorite, with the acai second, and the mango peach is my least favorite of the 3 flavors.



This flavor is light and refreshing, like water with a smooth berry and coconut flavor added. It doesn't taste phony either. It is 100% natural and it tastes natural. Too good to be just flavored water. It tastes more like a light fruit juice. I had mine chilled. It is imported from Brazil. A plastic twist-off cap allows you to stick in a straw easily, without hammering the package to punch it through. A single package is about 6 inches high, with 3 inch diagonal square shape.



One paper coated package contains 17 fluid ounces/500 ml, marked as 2 servings. Per serving stats are 60 calories (so 120 calories total per package), 0 fat, 0 cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 515 mg potassium, 15g sugar, 4 % calcium, 4 % phosphorus, 180 % vitamin C, 8 % magnesium, 1 g protein. Ingredients, as listed in order on package are: natural coconut water, mango puree, peach puree, ascorbic acid (vitamin C). The package states it is 100 % natural, has more electrolytes than leading sports drinks with 15 times the potassium, and has more potassium than 2 bananas.



So--- it is good, refreshing, healthy, easily packable, and easily openable. (It's ok. I can make up words. I work for the government.) I really like the high potassium content, too. (Note--I am NOT a doctor.) As the sweltering East Coast heat and humidity approaches, potassium helps with the fluid you lose. Whether you are on fluid pills, or working outside in the eat, or running and jogging for your health, or hiking, or your children are playing and running in the heat, it's a real good idea to keep those potassium levels up. Low potassium levels, as I understand it, can be harmful, leading to cramps in your legs or worse--maybe even making you pass out. Anyway, this is good and it sure tastes a lot better to me than Gatoraid (yuk). So, check it out, and read up on "potassium" before the heat gets here.

This was so gross!! I actually had tried the peach/mango flavor before this one and thought nothing could be as bad as that one, but this one was even worse. I couldn't even taste coconut in it. Just grossness.

I found this to taste stale and perhaps like drinking liquid cardboard. I've had the original, unflavored Vita Coco (like it better than original, unflavored O.N.E. and very tolerable for unflavored) and Tangerine Vita Coco (superb!). This is a HUGE disappointment in comparison. I used to love the Acai coconut water offered by Hudson Bay, but I can no longer find it. That was my favorite drink ever! I'm not sure if it is the pomegranate that makes it taste rather lousy, but I was wholly disappointed. There is a pleasant fruity aftertaste, but it is ever so slight and nearly undetectable. I'll pass on another purchase of this again.

I suffer from Fibromyalgia as well as other Auto-Immune Problems and decided to give this a try to see if the potassium might help with some of my muscle pain. I have tried all of the flavors and the Vita Coco Coconut Water with Acai & Pomegranate is my favorite! (The plain is my second favorite.) It's like a mini-treat to break up my day and I have seen a difference in the amount of pain I have been experiencing as well as it helping me with the "dry mouth" effects that my medication causes.

I am not a medical doctor - but as someone that suffers from chronic pain - I would highly recommend at least giving this a try if you are in the same boat as I am.

It takes a little while to get used to the taste - but once you do - you actually look forward to having it each day. *Hint: I have found that by putting it into the freezer for a little bit it turns into a tasty slushy that is AWESOME!

I love vita coco and this drink is great but with horrible after taste. This flavor has more potassium( 21% vs 19%) than the pineapple flavor so this was the main reason for me trying this. The flavor is great while drinking but the after taste is horrible. Its mostly acai flavor after taste and Im not a big fan of acai. The acai basically over powers the pomergranate and coconut but its still a refeshing flavor. Overall I would not by this flavor again if I had the chance. Hopefully the tangerine one comes back so I can give that one a try. - Fibromyalgia - Coconut - Acai - Delicious - Health - Vitacoco'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information