Friday 21 January 2011

Ipod Cable - usb cable, iphone


My original iPhone cord started coming apart at the connector after 6 months of use, and charging started becoming sporadic. I decided to give this a shot, since it was under $2 shipped.



When it arrived, the version I received looked very similar to the official iPhone cable, which was slightly disappointing as I had anticipated the thicker, more rugged version pictured and described (with reinforced connectors). However, I plugged it in, and was pleasantly surprised that not only did it charge, but it performed data sync as well on my 3GS iPhone.



Overall, I'm happy it works as intended, but had to give it 4 stars as it wasn't the tougher version pictured. My guess is that it's a grab bag of what you get based on the large list of suppliers, so don't be surprised if it's not exactly as you're expecting.



At $2, it's still better than buying the official $19 Apple version, and seems to have all the same functionality.



EDIT: It looks like they are rotating different images of cords through the photo boxes. If you don't get the item exactly as pictured, that could be why. Data cable for iPhone / iPod

UPDATE: 09/28/10

I'm updating my review to 5 stars because this cable works perfectly with my iPhone 4. Charges and Syncs.



Original review (07/15/10):

I just received this cable today. While this cable works great at transferring data/music, it does not charge my iPod. I connect directly to the USB ports on my MacBook Pro. I also tried connecting to the USB ports on a PC, still no-go.

Kind of wary buying third party but I am more than happy. Length of the cable is more than sufficient and syncs with my third generation Ipod Touch. Save yourself money and buy a few these well worth it.



Edit 12/14/2010 - Going to buy some more but I am less than pleased with the durability of the cable. Had two die on me around the same time leaving me cable less. It happened at the junction nearest to the usb portion, the cable just split apart. Is is worth the money... yea I guess.

The cable was here fast and though the iphone connector is larger than the original cable that came with the phone; mostly due to a catch and release mechanism to secure the adapter to the phone. The cable itself is attached to the adapter end in a far more secure looking method, and I have great confidence in its durability. The original cable over a six month period wore out at the joint where the cable met the adapter to the point of splitting open and revealing the wires within. I dont expect this cable to do that, and if it does I'm sure it won't be after only a lousy 6 months. Can't beat the price either - !!

Cord is fatter (probably more durable than Apple's official cables).



Plug is fatter (probably less durable than Apple's official cables).



But it works with my iPhone 4 and iPod gen 2 and I could buy 7-10 for the price of ONE official cable.

The items are exactly as described and even seem to be packaged in the same fashion as the OEM (Apple) cords. I was leery due to the cheap price but they are exactly as described. I bought extras for car charging and couldn't be happier. They work great with both my and my wife's iPhone 4's.

I was expecting some cheap cables but wow, these look and feel exactly like the OEM Apple USB cables (minus the Apple logo). There is imprinting on the cable which reads "Designed by Apple in California Assembled in China". Who knows, maybe these are made at the same factory.

This cable works just dandy. I've been using it to regularly sync my iPod 5G for a month now, and have seen no deviation in performance from the original cable. As a matter of fact, my wife's iPad came with a cable identical to this one -- markings and all. Infer from that what you will.

I bought a few of these cables several months ago, and have NO indication that the low-price of these cables comes at the expense of durability or overall quality.



I recently bought more as backups, and also as extra cables for immediate family. They work with iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4.



I'd recommend these cables -- over the overpriced cables at the Apple store -- to anyone with an iPhone.

I bought three of these little ditties for my new iTouch because they are a whole lot cheaper than what Best Buy, Wal-Mart and Target charge for them. They work fine. I guess I need to sell the data cables for my lost iPod nano and the 80GB iPod monster that mysteriously stopped working right just as the three year extended warranty lapsed. Dock Connector to USB 2.0 Cable for iPod and iPhone (White) - Usb Cable - Iphone Cable - Ipod Accessories - Iphone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information