Saturday 22 January 2011

Power Adapter - apple charger, power adapter


I needed a replacement adapter for my macbook. After reading the poor reviews on apple's website about their adapters, I decided to try this one for half the price of the apple. It works great! Plus, I saved money on it. Apple Mac Ac Power Adapter US Extension Wall Cord for MacBook PowerBook iBook iPhone iPod "Brick" Adapters; P/N M8482 A1036 A1021 A1184 A1172 A1003 922-7097 922-5863

The cord that came with my MacBook always seemed to be too short, and so when my wall plug broke (one of the tines stayed in the wall socket), I ordered this extension cord, and now the "brick" fits into the original cord, and I have more than enough length in the cord.

Reinforced, sturdy.

I love this product!

When purchasing a cable such as this, one isn't typical concerned by the quality - it's a cheap power cable. One typically assumes that for the few dollars paid, it will perform its boring task in a predictable manner. I don't want an expensive Apple official cable costing five times the price - all I need is a cable to replace the broken or lost one I have/had. This is what I was thinking when I randomly clicked order. No sooner had I clicked the order button and checked my confirmation did I notice that that the estimated time for delivery was greater than one month! Coincidently, by the time I noticed, my order was being processed and could not be cancelled.



Now, for all the trouble that it would have caused, I would have been better served walking down to Best Buy or Walmart and buying a cable there at a couple of dollars more. Waiting over a month for a cheap cable kind of defeats the purpose of ordering in the first place. Perhaps, you may require a new power cable in 4-6 weeks? If so, this is for you - great buy! If however you are like me, and what I would assume to be the majority of people, simply want another cable because your other cable is lost, just go to a mall and buy a new one.

Of course, this is a power cord - nothing major to say. It's made by Apple, so I'm sure it will work fine. One note, though, it has a different sheathing than the original cord, and it won't stay coiled very well. This makes it not as easy to take along when traveling, which is why I bought it - so now, my original cord travels with me, and this new one stays plugged in at home.

Fast shipping, works well. If you buy things from Apple, you end up with a lot of the power stuff. What Apple doesn't ship is the extension. This is almost a "must have" for every Apple product you have.



The cable worked perfectly as expected and this is much cheaper than buying a complete $29 kit if you already have the other pieces.

I needed a replacement cable after losing the original one and found this one that's made by Volex. Volex is the one that makes the original cable for Apple's power adapter so this cable is that same as the original. This was shipped all the way from China (took about 10-12 days to receive) without any problems and as far as I can tell is the same (even says 'designed by apple') cable that came with my macbook pro.

I've purchased this item twice on Amazon, actually. The first time it was just as it appears in the photo above. I used it for about a year with my Black MacBook and it worked perfectly, no problems.



I recently purchased my second one and it looks a but different than the one in the picture. It is more rounded and seems to be a slightly different material. It looks more "Appley" I would say, which is a good thing. They are both vey long. Anyhow, no problems. I would recommend that everyone purchase these knock off ones instead of the real deal ones that are overpriced by Apple.

The only drawback to this cord is that there are no grips on the plug for easy removal from the outlet. The plug is smooth rubber and hard to hold onto even for my slender fingers.



The cord itself is thick and feels very durable. I now have more than enough cord to sit anywhere I like when charging my battery. Overall a nice product that performs perfectly. A major plus, too, is the low price.

I Recently lost my original extension cord for my macbook and was getting frustrated with how short my power cord was otherwise. I was slightly concerned when i decided to by this as some people said it looked cheap and was hard to travel with. Wrong! The texture of the cord is definitely different, but not worse or better... As for being hard to travel with i can KIND OF see where they are coming from because the cord likes to spring out a little and doesn't stay wound, but that is easily fixed with a twisty bread tie, which is what i use to travel with my power cords anyway. A major plus for me is that I am able to wrap it up considerably smaller than my previous cord so to me it is much easier to travel with and/or store away.



Oh, and if your worried about it taking to long to get to you, just make sure that you order from a seller that ships from the U.S.. I got mine in 4 days from when I placed the order.



I actually like this better then my previous cord :) - Macbook Pro - Power Adapter - Apple Charger - Mac'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Power Adapter - apple charger, power adapter macbook pro Power Adapter - apple charger, power adapter