Saturday 22 January 2011

32 Inch - 32 inch 1080p, 720p


I have this TV and enjoy the sound and picture quality. I'm a soundaholic. If you've never had a stereo or srs/home theater sound... it DOES take some time to adjust. The sound can be *VERY INTENSE*.



I suggest you adjust the sound; turn the TruSurround HD sound *TO OFF*, but do leave the TruVolumn *ON* (you can enter the graphic equalizer presets) use these to set the quality sound you enjoy most. When you do this it's of course 'best' to be playing music, music dvd IS BEST.



If you SET the preset equalizer setting to *FLAT OR OFF*... you will be able to enter and customize the settings on your (*bass & treble*) levels.



Don't hesitate to play around with the sound settings, one click will return it to the factory settings.



You will require a lower volumn level, significantly lower... the audio quality IS dynamic and intense for this TV. VIZIO E320VA 32-Inch Class LCD HDTV, Black

I think that the Vizio folks should have made the default to OFF on the SRS TruVolume. If they had I think several of the owners would not be experiencing the issues with the sound. I set mine up, read the reviews, turned OFF the SRS TruVolume feature and now the sound is fine.

I'm not sure how high the volume will go. I've got mine on "2" and it is plenty loud and very clear.



I purchased this to use with my new Xbox 360 with Kinect. I'm replacing a 19" Sanyo that was purchased in 1989 by my older brother. So, maybe my expectations are not very high...for $299 I'm pleased and it is a tremendous step up from what I had.

I got this on a Gold Box deal. This was to be used in the sunroom...which we could fit a 26 or a 32 in the spot. I also bought two Vizio Razor LED 26" http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M260VA-26-Inch-Class-RazorLED/dp/B003LL17HK at the same time for bedrooms (all pre-black Friday specials).



Living with all of them for four days...and I can see why this is rated 3/5 stars. 3 stars is generous.



I am using cable through RF. No cable box. The sound issues I noticed is flipping between standard definition channels and HD channels. For example, watching two football games. If I go from an SD channel like ESPN to HD (local ABC), the sound on the HD channel is much lower. I have to jack the volume up on the HD channel, then when I flip back to ESPN, it's way too loud.



ABC HD is 13-1 and ABC SD is 13. I proved the sound issue flipping back and forth between the two while a song was playing on the station... huge difference in sound.



This is with TruVolume on....TruSurround on. Honestly, I didn't play too much with the audio settings like another reviewer suggested because I shouldn't have to. TruVolume should level out the sound between channels and commercials...and it apparently doesn't work.



Another annoying thing is there is a delay when changing channels. You flip up one channel...it delays 2 seconds...shows the picture and then delays another second to start sound. Sounds minor until you start flipping channels and realize the annoyance...we had a cheap AOC LCD TV that did something similar...which is why I will never buy an AOC TV again.



The Razor LED TV hooked up to the same RF cable does not have this delay...the picture and volume come up in a second simultaneously. Also, the sound difference is much less...there is one, but its minimal and you don't have to change the volume level.



The picture is not quite as nice as the Razor LED...but pretty good. I did not try this with our DVR...but if you are hooking this up to a cable box and bypassing the tuner, you might not have these issues with sound and channel changing delay. I don't want to have to rent another cable box to make this TV work. Plus I am not buying a computer monitor, I am buying a HDTV with a tuner that should work better.



I like the Razor LED's, so this just appears to be a bad model in their line. The Razor LED 32" is a 1080p set (http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M320VT-32-Inch-1080p-Backlighting/dp/B003PGX0VM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1289411221&sr=1-1) and a bit more than we want to spend. I saw that in a store and it's nice.



So four days in...and although 32" is significantly bigger than 26"...it's already at UPS tonight on its way back. I'll use one of the Vizio 26" Razors as it's just a much better overall TV.

As mentioned already about the sound quality. You definitely got to adjust the volume as it can get really loud or really soft. The picture quality is amazing though. The home setting might be a little dark. I prefer the movie setting or sports setting to get a little more light. It's a very good deal for the price they offer. Many HDTV's seem to struggle with sound quality but at least this one has some bass to it. And like I said. It's an easy fix by changing the volume for each program or a loud part of a program. Definitely recommended. - 720p - Vizio - Hdtv - 32 Inch 1080p'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


vizio 32 Inch - 32 inch 1080p, 720p