Saturday 22 January 2011

Air Compressors - air pump, tire inflator


I just received my Superflow HV35. I have tested it on a tire and I can say that this pump is much faster than both the Craftsman and Campbell Hausfeld models that I own. I didn't do any formal timing but the HV35 aired up a 215-70R14 tire from near flat to 32 lbs in around 4 minutes. Compared to about 15 minutes for the Craftsman pump and over 20 minutes for the CH. Considering it is in the same price range as those units makes it even better.



The HV35 unfortunately is not without issue. Some of the build quality looks questionable(rounded screw heads, cheap hardware).

It came with an extremely junky plug. In fact it was broken when the unit arrived. No real problem for me anyway. I added about an extra 10ft of wire and a set of gator clips(as on battery chargers) that way I can connect it direct to the battery and avoid pesky blown lighter plug fuses.



I have also ordered a Viair 70P compressor. At $39.99 it is in the same price range.I hope to be able to review it as soon as I receive it.

I am hoping for a unit that is of better build quality as my main ideal is having a dependable unit as well as a fast performer. Q Industries HV35 SuperFlow 12-Volt 140 PSI Air Compressor

I have not had this long enough yet to comment on durability, but performance per dollar this is much better than most of the cheapo air pumps, and it is also quieter. The storage bag is nice, and the air hose is shortish but the power cord is long enough to make up for it so long as your car isn't super long. The thread-on air chuck is very nice. I also have the larger model compressor by the same company (had it for several years) and it has been great so hopefully this one will provide a similar service life. For the price it delivers a good amount of air. The gauges on these things are never accurate so I didn't bother checking it yet.

i bought this compressor and didn't care much for the previous review, and the price was a factor in my decision, also higher ones blasted some fuses for some users that's why i got this one, for the price it's good and it does looks cheap, it's made in china, it's plug came broken also, didn't fix it yet but managed to use it. it is very simmilar to another one i bought from Dubai except that the one from dubai was biger and costed 20$.

the box says 14 amps, the unit says 10 amps.



I can't say it's not fast it is fast (from 28 to 36 PSI in 30 secs), it is small, but the broken plug and the pressure gauge is not much accurate, so.



it's agood backup for your car but not satsfying for a guy who is looking for well built stuff like me.

I bought this to replace a compressor from Slime Co. that I just sent back. The Slime one ran for 5 minutes, and smoke started pouring out of it. Stopped it, let it cool overnight, tried again, same thing. It came with a note (not mentioned in its advertising or on the box where you can find out before buying) that it should not be run more than 10 minutes at a time, but it didn't even last that long.



This HV35, while not quiet, is noticeably quieter than the Slime Co. one. And it pumped my 7-gallon air tank from 50 PSI to 105 PSI in about 15 minutes. That's perfectly adequate performance, and quite good for the price. The sheilded output tube got pretty warm during that time, and the pump body got hot, but that didn't seem to affect its performance. No smoke, no slowing down, or other signs of distress. I consider this compressor to be a very good value for the money. It would be nice to have a clip-on output spigot rather than the screw-on one, but that's a minor quibble.



It comes with a peel-off label on the gauge, that says it might read as much as 10% higher or lower than the actual pressure it's measuring. I found that to be true - this one reads about 10% higher than three other gauges I measured it with.



PROS: Compact, not as noisy as other compressors, takes reasonable time to pump up an air tank. Low price. No performance problems.



CONS: Gets kind of hot, but most compressors do. Screw-on spigot instead of snap-on. Gauge needle quivers as it runs. These are all minor complaints.



I consider this compressor to be a good value for the money. It would be nice to have a clip-on output spigot rather than the screw-on one, but that's a minor quibble. I was looking for a compressor that would do the job and not give me the grief the cheaper Slime Co. one did, and this one fills the bill.

I bought this to replace a Coleman 12-volt air compressor that broke after less than two years of sporadic use. This one seems quite solid and is compact and quieter (though it's still not quiet).



PROS: Small; solidly built body and base; brass screw-on connector is better than clip-on connectors; includes a good storage bag; nice long power cord and hose attachment; rubber feet; includes alternate connectors such as a pin to inflate a basketball or soccer ball.



CONS: Pressure gauge is not very accurate; have to disconnect the air hose to fit the unit in the storage bag; even with the rubber feet it still jumps around a little during use; heavy.



It takes tires from 25psi to 35psi in around two minutes, which is ok. It's small and fits well in the trunk of my car. Overall, it saves the hassle of running to the gas station every time I need to fill a tire or put air in a basketball for my kid. And no more sticking quarters in the air pump at some service station and then running around trying to fill all four tires before the time runs out.

I have owned other cigarette-lighter pumps and this is - by far - the best.



It is heavier than any of the others I've owned, with a very good pressure gauge (with cover) built in. Only negative is that the powercord "could" have been a little longer, but it is sufficient to do the job.



Owning a 6-cylinder pickup truck, I knew it would be close at to whether this would be powerful enough do the job ... but it turns out it is more than enough - i think it just takes a little longer to fill those big high-pressure tires. From basketballs to wheelbarrow tires, to my big bad-boy of a pickup, this little gem does it all. I thought I might regret not spending the 20-30.00 more and getting the larger one, but this one is just fine and has an amazing little carry case.



Very well designed and constructed, extremely pleased. NO buyers remorse... just happy. - Air Pump - Tire Inflator - Air Compressors - Air Compressor'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Air Compressors - air pump, tire inflator air pump Air Compressors - air pump, tire inflator