Thursday 20 January 2011

Nintendo Dsi - cable, car charger


This is an incredibly versatile unit.



The main reason I bought this particular charger is it will charge the relatively obscure Gameboy Micro. I also have an SP, DS Lite and a PSP, so it doesn't go to waste.



Retractable cords are a God send for people on the move, and this has one.



I've never had a problem with it doing what it's supposed to do, charge game systems.



It has potential for expansion, assuming you can find an adapter for PSP sized charger to DSi adapter.



(I personally think someone at Nintendo needs to be beaten with a pipe-wrench for changing the charger port with nearly every new unit considering every GBA starting with the SP all the way to the DSi-XL takes the same voltage to charge)



Acomdata Tango 2.5" USB/FireWire400 SATA Drive Enclosure Kit - Black (TNGXXXUFAE-BLK)



Just a nice note - the above HDD caddy has a 5 volt power port. The PSP connector fits in it perfectly and is also 5v, nice for when I'm using the the 6 to 4 contact adapter on Firewire. 6 contact Firewire can power all kinds of crazy voltage requirements, 4 cannot and my laptop has 4. Since I carry this charger in my backpack anyways it covers those requirements when I'm on the road and working on stuff, works great when I have it plugged into a system that just doesn't output the current on USB also. Philips SGP5012 Retractable AC/DC Charger for Nintendo DS, DS Lite & Sony PSP

I actually ordered this as a proxy for a friend. She'd wanted a Game Boy Micro charger. Haven't heard anything negative about it from her, so I'm assuming it's all good. She did say she received it in a surprisingly short amount of time, though. I guess that's always good.

I seriously needed a charger for my psp. It had died at least 5 months ago. I was looking around for cheap chargers, but all I could find was junk from China. I finally came across this and I definitely do not regret it. I would easily pay $10 for a product like this. This is why:



- Is branded- Philips, a respectable brand

- Is a car charger and home charger in one

- Can charge 5 different devices (not at the same time of course)

- Came in sturdy original packaging

- Looks expensive

- Is very affordable

- Fast shipping

- Came with a small box to store the charging tips for other devices



I hope you found my review helpful and all I can say is that if you need to charge your ds, psp, or gameboy, you need this charger! - Cable - Chargers - Adapters - Car Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information