Thursday 20 January 2011

Drum Sander - shop fox


A solid, hefty machine that does what it's supposed to do. I needed assistance getting it out of the truck and into place in my workshop, but all that weight helps the sander do its job. Takes 16 amps; I don't try to remove a lot of wood in a single pass. Changing the sandpaper strips is easy. Dust collection is no better or worse than any similar dust-maker, which is why I keep abrasive machines in a room separate from my workshop. My only real complaint is the the gears which run the crank that elevates and lowers the conveyor belt slipped out of contact with each other the first day. The fix for that is a little convoluted (there's a brief paragraph about it in the manual), but it works. The manual is thorough, particularly about maintenance and replacing worn out parts. Glad I bought this machine. SHOP FOX W1740 12-Inch Drum Sander

I was angered and frustrated by the run around I received from Shop Fox when I attempted to resolve a problem requiring a technical question and possibly the purchase of a spare part! I definetly needed consumables(sandpaper rolls). ShopFox told me to contact my "Authorized dealer", which in this case was supposedly Amazon! Amazon customer service had no clue, no info on service parts or sandpapers available! After numerous discussions with various customer service people at Amazon, they called ShopFox and got the info for me and the issue was resolved! The lesson is, do not purchase ShopFox from Amazon, since they cannot service you, nor do they have the data to do so! ShopFox will only tell you to purchase their product from the handful of dealers listed on their website, some of which I am familiar with and would never do business with! I have 3 ShopFox machines......they are my last! I will never buy that brand again! I love Amazon, but they should not sell something they cannot service! - Shop Fox'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Drum Sander - shop fox shop fox Drum Sander - shop fox