Thursday 20 January 2011

Haggar Denim Trousers


For many years Haggar have been among my favorite casual slacks just because they fit well and lasted a sufficient amount of time. Then the markets appeared to change and I did not need slacks much more anymore. I saw these and made one of those purchases we all are told not to do. If it were for a few dead myleum cells I could remember the name of what it is that I should not do but alas... Regardless they fit perfectly, look good by hiding a lot of damage brought about by old age and do not wrinkle at all. When they arrived in the Amazon plastic inside the box I planned to take them to the cleaners for a press and wash but no they unfolded and with a few hours on a hangar they were ready to wear. Now that's the way it should be. Because they are not blue jeans they fit and feel better than jeans. Just the old man in me.



Bottom Line: Great casual slacks for those less than formal times and well worth the consideration. Haggar Men's Work To Weekend Flat Front Expandable Waist Trouser Denim,Light Stonewash,40x29

Sizing can be a problem. It seems the country of origin (where the product was actually maunfactured) effects the sizing. I have purchased the same item (sizewise) each manufactured in a different country and one is a good fit and the other is on the smaller side and probably will not be worn.

After only 4 washings of the stonewash colored pants , long loose threads appeared on one cuff. Trimming the loose threads still left exposed white threads (similar to blue jeans after 50 to 60 washings). It appears that this was caused by poor workmanship in the stitching (the navy-colored pants have not experienced this workmanship problem yet).

I've been wearing these Haggar slacks for many years. They have never been perfect. They always frayed at the cuffs and wore through in the same place in the seat (not where my wallet is in case you're wondering.) Typically a pair lasted a few months before I had to replace it. I was okay with that because I liked the way they looked and fit and I continued to buy them, but no more. Recently Haggar seems to have changed manufacturers. The material is much heavier which helps the wear problems, but won't hold a crease at all, hence why I say they're now for the weekend, no longer sharp enough to wear to work. Yes, I could send them out for starching, but I never had to do that before. They were wash and wear as they are supposed to be. In the change of manufacturers, they also are using a zipper with a smaller tab which is hard to grab. All in all they were nice while they lasted, but if you're looking for pants for work, look elsewhere.

I absolutely love these slacks! I only have to press them slightly after washing and drying and the fabric looks great throughout the day. I am a female professional and have always had a hard time finding slacks in the ladies section of any store without paying a fortune for them and they never fit me perfectly without alterations. I have no hips and a flat bottom so I got this idea to try on these pants in the mens department. What a find! I can't beat the price and the fit! I love the expandable waist for comfort. The waist design hides the expandable part. I get the flat front pants as the pleated fronts pooch out too much - something no woman needs in the stomach area!! I've told more women my secret about these slacks and they all say they would have never guessed they were men's pants and have remarked on how great they look. The Work to Weekend Haggar slacks look great with a blouse, sweater or blazer. Try them, you'll love them too.

I was hesitant about buying the pants because of never wearing this brand before,

But after receiving them and trying them on,I will get them again in the future.

Very well made and fit very well.I recommend them to any body who needs them.

I got a pair of these to wear in a play where I played the part of a police officer. They're reasonably priced, well-made, and very comfortable thanks to the expansion panels in the waist. The color was a good match for the uniform shirt I wore. I've since worn the pants to church and other places, and they are holding up well. I'd definitely recommend them; they can look dressy or casual depending on what else they're worn with.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Haggar Denim Trousers Haggar Denim Trousers Haggar Denim Trousers