Wednesday 5 January 2011

milwaukee m18 - milwaukee m18


I went from an older Snap-On cordless impact to the Milwaukee and have no regrets. Several people I work with have the Craftsman Lith-Ion Impact and they were very impressed with the Milwaukee as well. 450 ft.lb. vs 300 ft.lbs in that case and for not that much more money. Its a great addition to my tool box! Milwaukee 2663-22 18-Volt M18 1/2-Inch High Torque Impact Wrench with Friction Ring

I have always trusted the Milwaukee brand tools but this one is the best !! I used to have a corded Milwaukee impact with 300 ft-lbs, never had trouble with it, and sold it for almost what I paid for it. On a full charge I went over to my buddies garage to test it out and impresed everyone. First off everyone wanted to play with it, then I changed 2 tires on a Bobcat (the reagular one couldnt even budge the lugs), did a 4 wheel rotation on a van, even striped down a whole truck transmission, and still had two bars left on the battery !!! I definetly would recomend this tool to anyone. The first time you use it to change a tire on the freeway, it has paid for itself !! Milwaukee has a great reputation, awsome waranty, and even has parts available if needed !! Dont buy some China piece of crap likle Kobalt (Kobalt dosent even make the parts to fix the tools !!) buy from an American company !!

Good tool will get almost all lugs loose still not great with the long bolts on benz/bmw....still getting out the long breaker bar for some..overall good tool much better then my dewalt 18v I had previously....

I was a skeptic at first and thought the best you could get had to be a air-based tool but how wrong I was.



I ended purchasing the Milwaukee 2663-22 18-Volt M18 1/2-Inch High Torque Impact Wrench with Friction Ring from Amazon. This little baby was more than capable and a very good contender against any air tool out there. With this tool I was able to rip off the old suspension and install my RC 4.5" X-Series lift kit, pull off all my tires lug nuts, remove and replace all the nuts on transfer car twice without ever having to switch over to the second, included, battery.



Simply amazing! This tool has really changed my opinion of what the newer batteries are capable of. All you skeptics might want to have a second look.

Recently got the 2663-22 Mil 1/2 drive impact wrench. They say everything's a compromise, but I think I made the best choice. It was down to the 2663, the Snap-On 6855 1/2 gun & the Matco MCL18IWVS 1/2 gun.



I reluctantly ruled out Snap-On, only because they STILL have only a few tools that use a lithium Ion battery. I finally ruled out Matco, since, for the price of their 1/2 gun kit, I could get the 2663 kit AND The Mil 2664 3/4 drive bare tool impact--& have $100 left over! I know advertised torque ratings are sometimes exaggerated, but I emailed Milwaukee's tech people regarding how they rate the torque on their guns. They said they stay away from "breakaway" torque testing since the results of that kind of test are too capricious to trust. They only measure stall torque. Very refreshing to hear this. I feel the 3/4" Milwaukee gun is probably stronger than the Matco gun, but I can't get them side by side to compare. The Mil 3/4 gun is shorter than the Matco 1/2 gun, & you can get individual parts for most Milwaukee products. Plus that 5 year Milwaukee warranty. Matco's warranty for their cordless guns are 1 year per my local Matco dealer.



Anyway, I haven't come across a lug nut or fastener that the 2663 hasn't been able to easily remove. Today I put 4 tires on a Ford F350 Super Duty P-U.



So far I love this gun! No air hose to trip over! - Milwaukee M18'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


milwaukee m18 - milwaukee m18 milwaukee m18 milwaukee m18 - milwaukee m18