Wednesday 5 January 2011

4gb Sd Card - memory card, sd card


I just purchased the Nikon S4000 from Amazon and it was real slow and took FOREVER to save a picture or delete a picture. I was going to return the camera but decided to do a little research and found I had a SLOOOOOW memory card. I did my research and found the Sandisk Extreme was one of the fastest on the market and at the price it was $18.00 cheaper that Best Buy. Got it yesterday and WOW, what an improvement. It was not my camera that was slow, but my memory device (I had a 2 GB Kodak, which gave no speed rating.) What used to take 8 seconds between shots is now less than 2 (on picture review mode, so I can see what I shot)..that is at the 12 Megapixel setting. If I lower the setting it is less than a second. What used to take 4 seconds to erase off the camera now happens in the blink of an eye. Well worth it and I have now been saved the hassle of returning the camera. SanDisk Extreme 4 GB SDHC Card (SDSDX3-004G-P31)

This memory card is being used in a Nikon Point & Shoot. The high speed access allows all of the features of the camera to work without delay. 4GB is the right amount of space for our camera allowing the user to take pictures of an event without worrying about running out of space.

I use this for my own personal camera, and recently purchased one for a nephew who is into photography. Hands down, the best out there. Your camera will no longer be limited by the speed of the card, only the processor within the camera itself. I would recommend this card to anyone with a higher end camera, you'll surely notice the difference.

Ã…fter buying a 4GB SanDisk Extreme 30/MB I compared it with two Transcend (rated 6) and two SanDisk SDHC cards (2). The test was to determine which card(s) were the fastest by determining how long the buffer lasted before it was filled with my Nikon D90. The SanDisk Extreme won hands down. It was clear faster than the Transcend cards (which to no surprise bested the SanDisk SDHC cards by a slight margin).



The 4GB SanDisk Extreme card is obviously ideal for those who crank their DSLR up to maximum speed (frames per second) and I'm extremely pleased with its performance. The additional cost is easily made up by making it possible for me to take photos which would not otherwise be possible when shooting sports. I suspect it would also be a great boon to wildlife photographers shooting flying birds, etc. etc.



Highly recommended. Best money I've spend recently and I own three Nikon DSLRs and a dozen lenses so I think you can see this is saying quite a lot.

The 30 MB/s transfer rate of this Class 10 card is excellent, and it keeps up with the fast burst rate of my Nikon DSLR. If you shoot higher end (10+ MP) images or full HD video (1080p), you'll never have a problem capturing your work. SanDisk makes an excellent product, and I own several of these 4 GB cards as well as a few of the 8 GB SanDisk SDHC cards. If you really want fast transfer rates when uploading to your computer, buy a USB card reader. You'll not experience the full potential of this high speed card if you tether your camera to your computer via a cable.

Extremely fast card in original packaging. The manufacturer's package also included two one-year subscriptions of RescuePRO recovery software, a great feature, though you don't want to be thinking about recovering files just after buying a new card! I bought my card from ABX ProTECH.

After some research, I opted to go with the SanDisk name brand. It works faily similar to slower cards in my camera BUT what a difference when copying files to my PC! It's like lightning speed compared to older SD cards. Make sure you're PC can read SDHC format though, you may need to buy a SDHC USB card reader (I did - SanDisk MicroMate).

My digital camera does not seem to take advantage of the speed while in still photo mode but I have noticed that it is a slight bit faster with HD video recording. I tried 2 Sd cards in two different cameras to test the speed and the outcome was the same, this seems to do a little better keeping up. If you have a camera that can take advantage of the speed in still shots, I suggest this one because SanDisk has never let me down. If your camera is a slower point and shoot, save your money and buy a cheaper, larger card.



Pros: Video capturing.



Cons: Not sure of any yet. Will edit review if card does not last. - 4gb Sd Card - Sd Card - Memory Card - 4gb'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information