Wednesday 5 January 2011

Dual Car Adapter - dual car adapter, automotive


First, I want to clarify from the other review that said this only had 3 usable ports and 1 for the cigarette lighter only. This didn't make sense to me because a normal cig. lighter is typically used for other DC items. The fact is, there is one marked for a cig. lighter, and the other 3 cannot. But all 4 can be used for any electronics. There are 4 12V-DC power sockets.



Second, the size is not that bad for having 4 ports. I ordered the 3-port and 4-port and they're both the same size.



I've been using this with a GPS, Sirius radio, and phone charger with no problems. I'm sure I'll be able to add more items as well.



UPDATE:

After using this for over a year, I have no problems and am glad to have the extra ports. Many times I've used all four ports plus an additional one in my vehicle. I have it sitting loosely in a van and it takes a beating well. Every once in awhile I have to wiggle one of the cables, or pull it out and plug it back in, but it works! I'm definitely happy with this. LENMAR SPP-04 Power Port" 4 Outlet DC Power Socket (LENMAR SPP04)

I have gone through 4 different cigarette adapter splitters, only to fin that all of them blew the fuses in my car after trying to put a 3rd electronic in. i bought two of these (i have to outlets) and it works great. In the 1st one I have my xm, gps, and a set of neon lights connected. the second has 1 set of neon lights, 1 set of led lights, and a dvd player hooked up. They work great.



Pros:

-great value

-only one ive found not to blow fuses constantly

-comes with mounting tape/ screws and plastic pad



Cons:

-Its really big and kind of awkward

-the safety caps are annoying (i just cut them off so its fine)



but the trade off is more than worth the convenience of this thing

We already had a power port similiar to this (with only two sockets) but it did not hold the adapters in tightly. They would constantly come unplugged and we would lose power to the portable DVD players and have to go all through the menu again and scene selections. This one is great! It tightly held the adapters and we have had no power loss problems.

I purchased this product in September 2008 for use during the long car trips we take (only twice per year). It has always had some problems staying in my car's 12v socket. When plugged in just right, it will work, but it has often lost contact and I have to re-seat it in my car's lighter socket and find a position it "likes". This problem was evident to a degree when I first received the product, but I didn't return it as we were leaving on a trip the next morning. With each use, it seemed to stay connected less and less. On my trip in October 2009, it failed completely when the tip on the unit came off and became lodged in my 12v lighter port and it required quite a bit of work, and some luck, to remove.



Even though we purchased it over a year ago, it was only subjected to very light use, maybe 35 hours in total during three trips and it failed. This is a very poorly made product with little quality control. Please don't waste your money.

I bought this to use as an extension cord/multiple outlet to use in my car. The cord extends about 4 feet, allowing the main unit to sit comfortably in the middle or back of the car. While a different (cheap) multi-plug outlet died early in the trip, this unit survived the full journey (many 12-hour driving days), powering one GPS, two cell phones, and a portable fridge! There were absolutely no problems with this unit. It didn't blow a fuse or even warm up at all. The unit isn't nearly as huge or heavy as others claimed - it is exactly the size and weight I'd expect for a four-outlet unit. Measures about 5.25" x 3" x 1.75" with a removable bracket on the base. A great product for the price!

I've got a satellite radio, a GPS system, a power inverter for my laptop, chargers for my phone and bluetooth, and I'm thinking about getting a radar detector, and all of these devices use the one cigarette lighter in my car. Before I bought this device, I had to pick and choose which one I wanted to use, and every now and then I want to be able to light a cigarette. I still can't do 6 things at once, but 4 is much better, and the plug on the far left still works with your car's cigarette lighter. It also comes with a mounting device and a special two-sided sticker so you can put it just about anywhere in your car or truck.



Only thing you need to keep in mind is that just because you have 4 plugs doesn't mean you can go crazy. The fuse is still designed to cut off at around 90 watts or something like that to keep the plug from frying, so don't put 4 power-hungry devices in all at once or you might be out one dashboard for the rest of the road trip.

I bought 2 of these. One only worked for a couple of weeks. The 2nd one lasted a few months. Then the "male" end fell apart INSIDE my car's lighter assembly & I had to fish it out w/a needle-nose pliers -w/the car shut OFF, of course.



They were great when they worked. I'd love to find a couple of multi-way adapters that will work & last @ least a couple of years. - 12v Adapter - Car Power - Dual Car Adapter - Automotive'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information