Wednesday 5 January 2011

Fisher Price Jeep - power wheel, fisher price jeep


I purchased this jeep for my son's 3rd birthday. It rides well on the grass, wet or dry. It also runs well on gravel and through a sand patch that we have in the yard. I was very surprised how long the battery lasts. I have read other power wheels reviews in which people say the battery does not last long. I would strongly disagree. If you charge it like the manual says, you shouldn't have any problems. We have had the jeep for a little over a month now and my son and I are extrememly pleased with it. I can't wait until my other son is big enough to ride in it with his brother. Highly recommended!!!! Power Wheels Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

I bought this for my almost 3 year old for Christmas. He absolutely loves it! The only issue is when it's only him in the vehicle (he weighs 35 lbs) the tires spin out. When his siblings come over and ride with him, it works like a charm. We only ride it on the grass, rocks, & sand. We don't live where he can ride it on pavement. But with the extra weight, it's not a problem.

Also, we have yet to charge the battery and it's been a month! Make sure you charge the battery for the recommended time before use and drain the whole thing before charging it again.

Happy Shopping!

We bought this jeep from Amazon because of the great reviews, but it has been a COMPLETE DISASTER for us. If you have a small, suburban yard or plan to drive it on absolutely flat sidewalks, it might be fun. For us, it is no good at all, even with one 40 lb child.



We have 5 acres and a huge variety of terrain. We were fully prepared for it not to work on our slopes and inclines, but imagined that the area around the house that is flattish (just very gentle slopes where it has not been professionally graded) would be fine. Instead, it's been a total failure.



At first, we thought the car was defective since the engine kept dying. We took it in for repair twice, but they couldn't replicate the problem. The repair guy happened to have family near us and, when he was visiting, came over to see the jeep in (in)action. He insisted it should be able to handle the flattish areas of our yard and couldn't figure out what was wrong.



Fisher-Price, however, insists that the jeep is not defective and can only be driven on absolutely flat surfaces. Even the gentlest of slopes causes it to overheat, triggering a tripswitch that cuts the motor off for 30 seconds. My child rides for a minute or two, then it stops, then we wait 30 seconds, then he rides for another minute or two. They have now promised to call the authorized repair guy to inform him that the jeep will not work on anything but the flattest surface. They have also told us the repair guy was wrong to suggest it should work on our yard. I point this out only to show that even the authorized repairman was surprised and shocked that it would not work on our flattish (but not completely level) yard.



Final outcome, we have wasted $250. Look carefully at the area where you'll be using it. I always considered our front yard flat until our Jeep Rubicon taught me otherwise!

We have owned this Jeep for about 3 weeks now. Both our little boys love it. Easy to drive and operate. It has held up well so far. The battery takes a long time to charge, but seems to last a good while if fully charged. Assembly was easy for those with minimal mechanical skills, it took us about 30 minutes to assemble.



The hard plastic wheels don't get very good traction on any surface. I sprayed the tires w/ a rubberized undercoating and it definitely helps, but wears off after several uses. I have seen traction bands for sale on ebay and other sites that mount on the tires to improve traction.



This toy is now offered w/ a real working radio. Wish we had know this, as the boys really liked that feature on their friends car.



Overall good toy so far. No major complaints.

The Jeep looks great and feels sturdy. If your kids like cars, they will even play in the Jeep when the battery is charging. My main problem with the toy is that it seems like it is very hard for my almost 3 year old to steer. He understands the concept of steering since he rides other toys, but he cannot seem to get the Jeep wheel turned. Hopefully this will get better as he grows up. Also, consider where you will store this bad boy: it is BIG!

We bought my daughter this jeep for Christmas and are absolutely thrilled with it. My daughter is almost four and this jeep is the perfect size for her. Though she had only driven a power wheels once before in her life she took right to it having no problems with controlling, reversing or steering the vehicle. She has driven it on grass, pavement, gravel, even on a bumpy path through our woods with no problem at all. She has yet to get it stuck anywhere after driving over all types of terrain. You can lock the jeep so it will run no faster than 2.5 mph but my daughter prefers the higher speed of 5 mph so we have not bothered to so far.

The only headache with this jeep was purchasing it from Amazon. I purchased it from Amazon on cyber monday when they had a great deal on it but five days later (3 days before it was supposed to arrive at my house) I was told it was no longer in stock and would not receive it before Christmas. I checked online and found they were still selling the jeep but at a much higher price. When I asked why they weren't shipping me a jeep I was told I could reorder it and receive it before Christmas but pay the new higher price which was almost double what I had originally purchased it at. Over the course of a couple weeks I spent hours on the phone, with multiple people from customer service in order to get the jeep in time for Christmas at the original price I had bought it at. I was told so many different things by each person and had to constantly check the progress of my order since so many mistakes were made on my billing.

The jeep itself I love and I am so happy I bought it for my daughter. Amazon, however, I would be very leery of ever doing business with again. - Fisher Price Jeep - Power Wheels - Power Wheel - Toddler'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information