Tuesday 11 January 2011

Computer Hardware - computer hardware, ethernet cable


These Belkin category 5e cables are well made. They are a good overall gauge thickness and the snag less ends are very beneficial. You may have experienced the problem of untangling a phone cord, only to have the clip on the end bend over or worse yet snap off. The next time you use that cord it doesn't have anything to keep it in the wall. Well what Belkin did with these snag less cables was put twin ridges made out of a rubbery plastic, that puts the snap in clip in a valley down below the ridges. So if you are untangling, those ridges prevent other wires from snagging the clip. That is a great idea. That is not enough to make you want to buy the cable, if it weren't for the fact that it is overall a great cable. The seven-foot length is good for a small patch area, like when connecting your modem to a router, or when your cable or DSL modem and/or router are right next to your computer. The other nice thing is the price here at Amazon on these cables. I went into the local nationally famous office supply, and they were half again as much money. So overall it is a very nice combination. They also don't slow down your connection at all. I get the same exact connection speed when using the online speed tests when I use the 50-foot, or the 7-foot. Highly recommended. Buy it here at Amazon and save the money. Belkin A3L791-S 7-Foot RJ45 CAT 5e Snagless Molded Patch Cable (Gray)

Yup... They connect my cable modem to my router, and my router to my computers. They transmit data back and forth. So far they have failed to burst into flames or snap off and poke me in the eye. So go patch cables (yay).

Nice gray molded patch cable works great if you're computing close to where you'll be hooked up to the network. I use this in my dorm, so I'm very close to the plug in. If you're going to be farther away from the network plug in, get a longer cable. I'd definitely recommend Belkin cables to anyone!

I bought 4 of these so i could connect everything around my tv to the internet. (Xbox 360, Playstation 3, DVR, and a computer)



These cables are great, they are high quality, and have sturdy connectors. They are gigabit cables.



I stream 1080p .mkv files from my laptop to my Xbox 360 via Windows Media Center, wireless N does not cut it, but these cables do the job.



Even though I doubt I will need speeds over 100mbps, I like having gigabit cables, and I like these cables better than the cheap blue ones on amazon. The cheap blue cables have weak connectors in my experience, and have broken off.



I would definitely recommend this cable.

I bought this product after doing a lot of price comparisons and reading reviews. I am satisfied with it. The cable is of good quality. I use it to connect my wired Trendnet Broadband router to my laptops.

Two things I like about this cable. One is the price, which is very reasonable, and the other is the snag-proof end. The reason I needed to buy several is my old ones got snagged and broke off the arm. So far, the cables are working just fine.

Just after buying a new computer (Dell), I realized that it would be a good idea to replace my modem to computer (Cat5) cord. When the cords arrived, I connected them then logged on. Could not believe the difference. I was using an older blue cord that I picked up from a family member. I ordered this cable because I wanted a longer cable, but was really happy and pleasantly surprised with the increased speed. We have SBC DSL Elite, and everything is so much faster with the new Belkin Cat 5. I recommend this Cat5 cable.

7 feet, just to warn you all, unless you know for sure that the things you're connecting are gonna be close, could be a little tight, especially if you're going around a desk or something.Looking for cables? Go with Belkin, go with snagless. You'll save yourself a lot of grief.

I don't know what else to really say about this, or any of the MANY Belkin cables I have bought from Amazon, except that they work very well for my requirements. This specific one is being used in my home theater system to connect a component to a switch box. It did not need to be pulled through any walls or stressed in any other way, but it's been fine for my use of it. Some people think they are not the best of quality but I have not ever had any go "bad" or break or not fit correctly. You *can* get cables even cheaper than these from Belkin, but I don't trust them... the Belkin cables here on Amazon are still FAR cheaper than what I have seen in stores, and I refuse to let instant gratification make me spend too much for something like this! - Cable - Network Cable - Ethernet Cable - Computer Hardware'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information