Tuesday 4 January 2011

Cable Management - cable wrap, cable ties


I bought these ties to organize laptop cables, and they are wonderful! The ties wrap around and stay attached to the cable and are good length (~7.5") so they can handle fairly large cable bundles without being too long and bulky for smaller bundles.



The velcro "hooks" are only at the end tip, so you can't really trim the ties down if that is what you wanted to do (not a concern for me, but maybe for some).



Anyway, they are good ties and very useful. I can't imagine anyone that doesn't have a few cables somewhere that could use fastening. On Stage CTA6600 Velcro Cable Ties - 5 Pack, Black

I bought these cables ties so that I could more neatly store and organize my instrument cables, mic cables, speaker cables, and midi cables. So far they have worked great! You can slide it on your cable, where it stays permanently, and then whenever you wrap up your cable you can velcro them with these little ties!

I purchased 10 packs of these ties for my dj lighting truss and rig to keep all my cables well organized and hidden. I looked around and found these and gave them a shot. Although they are not the strongest ties in the world and do tear if you pull on them to hard for the price they are pretty good. What was once a horrific mess of cables is now a well organized and neat rig.

I use these for all kinds of things! I use them to control the cables for my multi-media equipment. I use thes for the many different cables at work so we can roll them up and stow easier. My mother-in-law used one for her fold up cane so she can keep it in her pocket with out the hassle of that damn plastic bag. The grand kids like to play with these also. They do have some less expensive ones here that will work also. These are a little heavier duty. I will buy again.

These are poorly made. Yeah, they'll work if you have just the right size bundle, but it is the lowest grade of velcro on the market, and the male hook patch is about the size of a pinky nail, so don't expect it to hold wires that are being pulled or moved around. I'm generally a "leave only good reviews" type of Amazonian... but these are worthless enough for me to warn serious wire heads.

Yup. This really helps clean up all the mic and guitar cables. There may be more fancy ways to get the same job done, but for the relative ease, and the price, my cables stay in a lot better shape, ready for when I need them next.

These are a good deal for the price. Lots of others Velcro straps for musicians seem way overpriced. These aren't for heavy duty use though, like big and heavy extension cords. But they work great for typical musician's cords--highly recommended for that.

These cable ties are constructed in China and are another example of Chinese production that cuts corners resulting in an inferior product.



Cable ties normally have enough Velcro on both sides of the tie to result in a secure fit. These cable ties have a tiny strip of Velcro on the backside of the item. I have had to sew extra Velcro on the back side of the tie in order to have the product work to wrap around a shop extension cord (and result in a secure stable wrap that doesn't unravel with stress from movement). This means that I spending additional time sewing Velcro on this item in order to make it work. I also had to buy extra Velcro from CVS (adding to the cost $2.99 +/- tax).



Save your time and money, buy cable ties from a physical store to ensure that you receive a quality product.



Would not recommend this item under any circumstances (ever), particularly if you are attaching work shop cables or other items that require a secure fit to ensure safety around the shop (i.e. to prevent personnel from tripping over cables) or to transport wrapped extension cables up a ladder - risking that Velcro on the ties unravels due to its foreshortened length, et. al.). - Cable Wrap - Cable Organizers - Cable Ties - Cable Management'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information