Tuesday 21 December 2010

Faceplates


Overall, the case was what I expected for the price. It was easy to install and it fit perfectly. My major issue was with the rubberized coating. After a few days, the coating will start to rub off around the edges revealing white plastic. The cover just makes your phone look old and beat up after normal wear. I would not recommend this cover unless you're just looking for a cheap quick fix.



The lesson learned is that you get what you pay for. Black Rubberized Hard Phone Cover for HTC EVO Shift 4G

This item took 2 months to arrive. I called customer service 3 times about this item and they pushed back the delivery date by several weeks every time it was overdue. There was no notification that this item was out of stock and back ordered before or after I ordered it. The initial delivery estimate was reasonable. It wasn't until the item was overdue and I called customer service to figure out what was going on that I was informed that it was out of stock. During that first call customer service also informed me that although the item I purchased was "shipped from and sold by Amazon.com", that my order would actually be fulfilled by some unknown third-party vendor. The following 2 calls to customer service (spaced several weeks apart) also yeilded negative results. I am very upset and disappointed with Amazon.com's communication and customer service on this transaction.



The item itself is not great and not terrible. The combination of rubber inside and hard plastic outside shells give me confidence that the phone won't get scratched or damaged if I dropped it, but the screen protector is difficult to apply without getting air bubbles in it, it de-sensitizes the touch screen and fingerprint smudges don't wipe away as well as the uncovered screen. The screen protector does give me peace of mind that the glass surface of the phone won't be damaged in my pocket with keys and other sharp objects near it or if dirt or sand got on it.



The case adds a lot of bulk and weight to the phone. It offers "water resistance" to the charging port, headphone jack, power button and volume buttons, but the flap that protects the charging port doesn't close very well and hangs open most of the time which defeats the purpose. The case also has gaping holes by the microphone, speaker, earpiece, camera and flash, not to mention the keyboard which isn't easily fixed given the slide design of the phone. Suffice it to say that this case offers little to no protection in the areas that are most prone to water damage.



All in all, I suppose it is better than nothing, but probably not worth the premium that Otter Box charges for its cases. I am going to give Speck a try on my next phone. They seem to be a little less popular, a little less expensive, but still recieve good reviews.

This phone cover is really good for the price. Make sure once you put it on your phone your not going to be taking it off anytime soon or have another one on order. I pulled the front plate off once to put a new screen protector on and the corner "grip" or tab whatever hold it to the phone it broke. Now when I close the keyboard the upper left corner talkes to me. The rest of it is perfect though. It fits really snugg and has been doing its job.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Faceplates Faceplates Faceplates