Saturday 11 December 2010

Blackberry 8800 Accessory - external battery charger, chargers


Bought this to charge a spare battery I bought for my Blackberry 8350. My cell phone comes with a MICRO USB plug for charging and syncing. I wanted to eliminate a cable during travel.



This unit operates off a MINI USB plug. This means I cannot operate it from my cell phone's charger, which is what I anticipated when I bought the unit. However, read on.



The MINI USB input is the typical one you find on a camera, card reader, or older phone. So it's easy to pick one up or find one laying around the house.



The GOOD thing is there is a USB output. Therefore, I can charge both my extra battery AND my phone from one USB outlet. I use a MINI usb cable to this unit. Then I use the MICRO USB sync cable that came from my phone to go from the output of this charger to my phone. I'll add a picture to show how I use it.



The LED light is moderately useful. OTHER chargers have a clear transition from charging (blinking orange color) to finished (not blinking, green). THIS CHARGER glows solid yellow while charging and SLOWLY goes to a solid green color at full charge. I never feel you've charged the whole way, and I wonder whether I'm really seeing yellow or green because the color is very similar.



I almost want to discount one star because of these issues, but for the price this device has excellent utility and fits my needs.



Note: I tried charging both the battery and my phone at the same time off my PC USB, and I got an error on my phone that there is not enough power to charge the battery. Using an external charger worked fine, there is enough juice coming from a wall unit. RIM ASY-12738-001 Mini Extra Battery Charger - Charger - Retail Packaging - Black

This product works great and doesn't seem too fragile. My only criticisms are that it is a little more difficult than it should be to remove the battery from the charger (tight fit), and the charging and done charging lights are very similar colors so it's hard to know if it's done.

I purchase the Blackberry OEM Mini External Battery Charger because my Blackberry Pearl stopped charging and I am not ready to get a new phone. I am able to keep 3 batteries charged up and ready to go.

What a nice product. It fits into my laptop carrying bag nicely and is a nice product for those who have two batteries for their phone. Now I always have a charged battery on hand when I am to busy to plug my phone into a charger. I am glad I found this product.

This charger has made my life a lot easier. I have one battery charging most of the day. I'm charging a C-S2 battery for my Blackberry Curve 8330. Note that it works well plugged into USB on laptop or PC, or plugged into wall charger. You do need your own micros USB cable or wall charger. My only suggestions to the manufacturer would be:

1) Change the charge light to look more yellow vs green when charging.

2) Give it a defective battery blink

Either of these and I would give it 5 stars.

My BB Pearl Flip 'died' and would not charge. The device had completely drained the battery and apparently even with a USB charge cable (tried both AC Outlet and the data transfer cable) it will not charge up unless the battery has some charge. Took the battery out of the device and used this External Battery Charger, my BB is now working.

I absolutely love this charger! Its so compact you can put it in a small purse and charges in about an hour and a half. I love that its so small and it keeps you from wearing and tearing on your 8330 phone. I hear the charge port on the phone will break but with this mini charger its perfect. I love it and the price is great as well as the shipping!!! Buy One

It's a very nice charger but it has two cons: First blackberry devices takes about 5 minutes to reset the os, then use this charger requires a little pacience to change the device battery. Second the charger uses a MINI usb port to be charged and my BB 8520 and 9300 uses an MICRO usb charger, i can use the provided charger to use this stan alone charger, but it work with any usb cable.

The charger port on my blackberry is broken and I haven't fixed it yet. While removing the battery completely is not the most convenient way to charge a phone, this device works well using the charger cable that came with my phone. And it arrived via USPS in only 3 days. - External Battery Charger - Chargers - Accessories - Spare Battery Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Blackberry 8800 Accessory - external battery charger, chargers external battery charger Blackberry 8800 Accessory - external battery charger, chargers