Monday 15 November 2010

Sandwich Makers - panini grill, breville


I just purchased this from a big bed and bath store at a great price but noticed Amazon just lowered their price on this to match which makes this an EXCELLENT buy (at less than $20 off retail). I was surprised by the reviews on this, but I'm thinking that expectations were different for it since it used to be at a higher price point (it retails for $69.99) than say a Cuisinart GR-1. I didn't think it was fair that everyone was critical of this because the plates weren't removable when the Cuisinart GR-1 isn't removable either yet got nothing but glowing reviews but now that the prices on these are the same, the Breville Panini Duo should win hands down.



I love the Breville because of the plates and because it's 1500 watts. The flat plate is a necessity to me because it just cooks more evenly and ensures it cooks properly. I don't mind the wavy upper grill plate although it seems silly but after reading reviews, people love their grill marks. If you really must have the grill marks on both sides you can flip it over after a minute or two. This unit gets plenty hot in a very short amount of time and makes it quick to make a good sandwich. I've found sandwiches cook very quickly in this and get nice and golden.



Cleanup is great thanks to the flat plate on bottom (bottom always gets messier than the upper plate). One thing about this unit is how small it is in its storage position. I think someone posted a picture here of it upright stored. The cord wraps around the bottom of it, and it just takes up very little space when stored upright. My husband gave me nothing but grief about buying a sandwich press but even he had to admit that he liked how it stored. This unit is also built heavy-duty and is very simple to operate.



I was so close to buying another sandwich maker but am so glad I read through reviews and did some research. The Breville is a good compromise with one flat plate and one wavy plate, and it gets plenty hot to make excellent sandwiches. I make a lot of sandwiches for my family/kids and this is so much easier than heating up a griddle over the stove. I own a George Foreman grill as well, but I just didn't think it did as good of a job on sandwiches and is awkward because of the tilt. The Breville browns and heats to perfection and for this price, is a must have for any family that makes sandwiches. - Panini Grill - Sandwich Maker - Breville - Sandwich Press'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information