Wednesday 3 November 2010

Replacement Water Filters - replacement water filters, filter


I was a little worried about ordering the right filter for our fridge. But I called Samsung, as my filter was previously a 20A and this is a 20B. She explained, they are the same thing - just a different batch. Soooo, thankfully it works! We love having the filtered water as where we live, there's a really bad sulfur problem! Samsung DA29-00020B Refrigerator Water Filter, 1-Pack

Late last year I bought a fancy Samsung refrigerator - the model RF4289HARS. It is the one with the 4 doors (actually two French doors on top, a middle drawer, and a bottom freezer drawer. It has the water and ice dispenser on the left French door just under the snazzy blue led lighted touch control panel. Anyway, the change filter light came on and so I removed the filter (it is really easy, just unscrew it a half turn and it comes right out) so I could see what the replacement part number on it said. It was DA-29-00020A. After looking around the internet, and looking on the Samsung website I found that there is no such part number - the closest thing I found was almost the same number only ending with B instead of A. I called Samsung and after getting bounced to 3 different customer service people who had no idea whether part DA-29-00020A was the correct replacement for part DA-29-00020B and one customer service person who did not know that the filters are supposed to be changed after a while, I found a person who was able to tell me that DA-29-00020B is in fact the correct replacement filter for refrigerator model RF4289HARS. I bought two of these filters - one to install now and one for a spare. I put one in (it takes about 5 seconds to insert it and give it a half twist to the right to install it, and then I followed the instructions of running about a gallon of water through it. You really do need to run this amount of water through it so get all of the air out of it so you get a smooth stream of filered water coming out. I then reset the change filter light - you have to do this manually but all it takes is pressing and holding for 5 seconds (not the 3 seconds they tell you) the child lock/filter reset spot on the bottom left corner of the touch control screen just above the water/ice dispenser. It works great now - tasty filtered water and flavorless crushed ice from my fancy refrigerator any time I want it.

This is exactly what I needed. The part number is different from what I expected though, which was confusing. My old filter was 00020A I believe, although this filter is compatible with my fridge. Would be nice if it keep the old part number for clarity.

Happy to find this on Amazon slightly cheaper than my local appliance store (and easier with free shipping). Easy to replace ... wasn't positive that my filter needed replacing on my Samsung side-by-side, but the side of the filter box tells you that the filter indicator on the fridge (normally blue), turns red when it needs replacing. So I waited a few weeks to actually replace the filter, and sure enough, the indicator did eventually turn kind of red. The box mentioned that it might be difficult to replace without turning off the water supply, so I had my husband change it out. He had to turn the old filter fairly hard to get it out, but it came out (and new one went in) without having to turn off the water supply. Overall, very happy with the purchase.

This replacement is a different part number than on the original. It works but these things are too expensive for what they do. Plus, I think it's time they decrease the micron size rating to filter more contaminants out. .5 micron is so yesterday with all the pollutants in the water supply these days.

we bought this as a replacement filter for our samsung fridge (the side-by-side RS261MD, 25.6 cubic feet), our first. it arrived quickly and installs without a problem. so far it's working fine, which is good enough for me!

Standard fridge filter for Samsung, easy to install, arrived on time, no issues or problem whatsoever. Perfect so far, make sure to get rid of the first glass that comes out though just to make sure the filter is clean and no residue from the old filter - Filter - Replacement Water Filters'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Replacement Water Filters - replacement water filters, filter replacement water filters Replacement Water Filters - replacement water filters, filter