Wednesday 3 November 2010

Lcd Wall Mount Bracket - lcd wall mount, wall mount


This is a solid, well-made product. It comes with everything you MIGHT need including an adapter plate, spacers, and various screws. Since I was only mounting a 32" Westinghouse LCD television that had standard mounting holes on the back my installation didn't require the extra stuff. The 32" TV I mounted weighs about 32 pounds after its table mount is removed, so this wall-mount handles it effortlessly.



Keep in mind that this is an folding, jointed device, so you will need to mount it to the wall (in a stud) off-center if you want it to fold flat against the wall and be centered. Of course if you want to keep your TV sticking out from the wall permanently then center it. Be sure to measure for your own needs. Here is a link to a pic with the dimensions:

<http://www.thesimpletvmountstore.com/images/product/medium/5510_4_.jpg>





So, do I recommend this product? Absolutely! Peerless PA740 Articulating Wall Mount for 22" to 40" Displays (Black)

Outstanding choice, simple, strong reasonable price.

I installed it on a 40" Samsung LN40A630 LCD panel. Make sure you spend the difference on an accurate stud finder so that you hit the stud properly. You may also also want to purchase two stainless #14 x 2-1/2" flat head wood screws, the ones in the kit are a touch soft and round out easily.

I was a little skeptical of this product because when I viewed the exact model from peerless.com it was $220. But I used the tables on peerless.com to tell me which model would work for my TV - I have a 40" Samsung, 40lbs - and it said this one, among many others, would do. I ordered, it came fast, and it's perfect. It was a new product, fully boxed, had all the parts, and great directions. I was certainly worried about hanging a (expensive) TV on the wall, but not after putting this mount in - not only was it very easy to install but it is VERY heavy duty. It works like a charm - moving up, down, left, right, close to the wall, far from the wall.



Ultimately, it works beautifully and I saved over $150! Way to go Amazon.

This thing is SOLID. the pictures of the product don't do it justice. I was a little concerned based on the pictures that it might be a little on the flimsy side....not a problem. I was also a bit concerned about a single stud mount.....again, not a problem. I'm using it on a 37" Samsung and it's rock solid.



Installation couldn't be easier, 4 screws to mount the 200 X 200 adapter(which it came with, no need for me to purchase any additional adapter) to the bracket, 4 screws into the TV, 2 in the wall and 1 to fasten the mounting bracket to the arm.....done. It took longer to get the base off the TV than it took to mount it to the wall.



Adjustment of the TV when it's on the wall is effortless. I don't think you'll get a better mount for the money. I was looking at several mounts in the $150 to $200 price range and decided on this one because of the price (I got enough $$$$ tied up in this project, another $200 probably would have got me divorced) and I'm glad I did, you won't be disappointed.

I was impressed by the quality of this mount, however I'm not crazy about having only 2 mounting holes to carry the weight of my TV. This is a surprising and illogical oversight, in my opinion.



There are ONLY 2 mounting holes for securing this mount/TV to the wall, by way of centering it on your 2x4 stud. IF you don't center the screws into the center of the stud (which you can't see) the holding power is diminished and could be compromised. For example, I'm suspicious that my lower screw went into the right edge of the stud. Of course you can't see the stud to verify this, unless you remove the sheetrock. NOTE: wood naturally tries to split when adding screws or nails. Always pre-drill first.



By contrast, my mount for my computer monitor has 4 holes, a built-in bubble level, and adjustments to correct any leveling mistakes or imperfections during the install.



In a nutshell, 2 screws to hold a rather heavy TV (Samsung 32") is worrisome to me. In addition, if you are off by a mere 1/8 inch vertically when you torque down your 2 screws, the TV will appear to be tilted - it will not be level when you hang the TV on this mount as a final step. I was able to adjust for this imperfection OR I suppose you could remove the mount and start over, hoping the 2 screws are perfectly in plumb. (by the way, I'm an accomplished wood worker)



Lastly, the price for this mount is FANTASTIC! If you look it up on the Peerless website, they want: two hundred and forty-eight dollars. Wow!



All in all, I will continue to worry about the TV stability and hope I don't one day find it on the floor, especially considering I just paid eight hundred and ninety-nine dollars for it. (Samsung LN32B650)

I bought this mount for my 32" LCD. For the price it's a good mount.



Installation was straightforward. I thought a 1/4" drill bit seemed pretty big for the screws so I went down two sizes to make sure the threads would get a good grip. I never rely on a stud finder either, I use that to get close and then use a long small nail and make a series of holes until I find one stud edge, then measure in 3/4" from there to find the true center. The edges of the mount cover up those holes so no big deal. It should probably use regular bolt-head lag screws instead of philips because they are easier to drive, but since I have an impact driver I didn't have any trouble with getting them in without stripping.



Once mounted it is pretty sturdy although you can hear the wall groaning some as you move it around. I would think any mount that just uses 2 screws on one stud would be similar. And the instructions say not to loosen the pivot adjustment screws any more than 1/2 turn, I did and still find it overly tight. Pulling it out and pushing it in you have to kind of do one side and then the other because of the way it extends. You can't just push or pull it straight without putting what I consider too much pressure on the two mounting screws. I would not recommend this mount if you are constantly moving your TV around, but if it's just a once-in-awhile thing it's fine. I also would not trust the 80lb max rating, but no current 40" TV weighs that much anyway.



Once in position it seems to hold the TV well, no bending, sagging, or slowly drooping out of position as has been reported with other mounts in this price range. The up/down tension knobs are easy to access and work well.



As some have mentioned, this mount is not centered on the stud. When folded flat against the wall the TV will be centered 2.81" to the left. Only when you extend it is it centered. You must mount this on a stud (or in concrete or brick of course), so make sure the stud in your home is in a workable spot for you. If not, a wider 4-screw style mount would probably work better because those have some left/right leeway.



This is a steel mount. So it is not the same mount as what Peerless shows on their website (PA740P) for $258, that one is aluminum. Which is fine since it matches the Amazon description, just setting things straight.



So all in all, this is a good mount for the price and I would recommend it so long as you are aware of the limitations. At this price I really don't think those limitations are much to complain about. - Tv Wall Mount - Wall Mount - Tilting Wall Mount - Lcd Wall Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Lcd Wall Mount Bracket - lcd wall mount, wall mount tilting wall mount Lcd Wall Mount Bracket - lcd wall mount, wall mount