Wednesday 3 November 2010

Cordless Tools


This impact has good power and gets the job done. I have a snap on impact that I bought for about twice as much. I would rate this impact almost as good. It is a very handy tool to have around. All in all I am happy with this purchase! Bare-Tool DEWALT DC823B 3/8-Inch 18-Volt Cordless Impact Wrench (Tool Only, No Battery)

Works great, nice little 3/8 impact.

It has a very fast rate of impact, lots of power, and therefore loosens things that would other wise break off with the more powerful, be less vibration of my air ½ Ingersoll-Rand impact.

It does have a variable rate trigger, unlike the large ½" model Dewalt.

It also last a long time on even a standard (black) 18V battery.

Bought it from Fat Boy Tools, they were great as well, on time, free shipping, packed well.

When the cordless impacts started appearing, I thought they were redundant since I already had my cordless drill. But after using an impact, I found that the lighter weight and shorter muzzle were much more suited to driving screws. My drill now is used for drilling. And, since I already have batteries for my other Dewalt tools, I saved money buying "bare". The only inconvenience is I have been unable to find a quick release chuck in 3/8". The 1/2" drive is recommended. A 6 point 1/4" quick release for 1/2" is $6.50 at Lowe's.

Bottom line, this impact wrench works great. Granted its not a high torque tool such as a half inch pnumatic impact gun, it works perfectly for zipping bolts and nuts of various parts. I have been a automotive technician for six years and this tool blends well with my various tools I have aquired. This guns small size allows it to acces recessed parts and its torque quickly and easily removes the most siezed nuts and bolts. I have even used it to take off lug nuts on 3/4 ton truck lug nuts and it was very convenient compared to finding impact gun, dragging airline hose, connecting impact socket (after searching various drawers). Its torque rating is not the highest but it easily is one of the best tools i have in my tool box. Along with the positive aspects of the gun itself, the fast charger quickly charges the battery pack and has the tool ready to rock and roll in a short amount of time. This tool would be a great gift idea for any one who use tools and a great tool purchase for the more frequent users.

This is a great tool. It has plenty of power and easily removed lug nuts from my van. It is the perfect tool for jobs around the shop or for visits to a salvage yard looking for auto parts. I would definately recommend it.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cordless Tools Cordless Tools Cordless Tools