Thursday 25 November 2010

Plantronics - plantronics, gaming


Maybe this is every headset, but this one gets uncomfortable to wear after about thirty minutes. I'm readjusting it constantly. I'm going to try to find a way to make the cushoining on it taller, so the hard speaker housing isn't pressed to my ear. Also, the velvet cushion is a it itchy.



As for good things, the sound quality is a 9.5/10. When I play FPS games online, I can hear people walking anywhere around me - including above and below. The mic is crystal clear. I like having the two separate plugs so at times I can unplug the headphone jack and hang the headset around my neck and still use the mic. The cord is long and very sturdy and doesn't get tangled. I wear glasses but the cushions don't interfere with them. Plantronics GameCom Open-Ear Gaming Headset with Full Range Stereo

I use this headset for (gasp...) professional tasks. My job requires me to be on the phone a lot and we use VoIP, so I wanted something comfortable that would also allow me to listen to listen to music when I'm not on the phone. This headset fits the bill perfectly, sounds incredible, and the vented design keeps me alert to other people in the room when I need to be.



BUT...



I put these into service in October and here it is April and there's a crack forming in the headband. While these do see extensive daily use, they generally stay put. (The whole reason for getting a comfy multi-purpose headset was so I WOULDN'T have to take it off.)



I examined the headband, removed 4 little screws to look inside it, and discovered that the center band (the expandable part) is held to the outer pieces with only two screws and about 1/4" of plastic overlap. This overlap (surprise surprise...) is exactly where the band is cracking.



In short, Plantronics has the right idea, and a few small refinements to the design would make it perfect, but for long-term daily use, I'll have to look for something a little tougher.



UPDATE: Krazy Glue has provided some structural reinforcement to the aforementioned weak point in the headband - so far it's been on there for about a month and hasn't cracked any more.

This Plantronics GameCom Open-Ear Gaming Headset, is an absolutely excellent product. Headset is very comfortable, with very large ear cups, and an excellent quality microphone. I am involved in internet radio broadcasting, so mic quality is a must. I am very pleased!

I use this just for music and movie watching. I don't think I could of found a better headphones for the price I paid. My only complaint is that the mic portion of it doesn't work on Snow Leopard. Maybe someone will come out with a fix for that soon.

First off, these headphones are HUGE. Like I mean, extremely big. Totally cover your ears and head. They are excellently padded for comfort, but I do find my ears a little irritated after I while and I have to adjust them.



According to my friends on Teamspeak, the microphone quality is non-static and clear. The microphone easily pulls up and down if you need to eat some food or something while you play.



The Sound quality is just as good as any other headphone nowadays, I can't really tell how one is better than the other.



However for so much padding, they don't block out other sound out very well at all. (Which if you're using them for gaming it shouldn't matter unless you do tournaments where there are alot of people around you)



For thirty dollars these are much better than any set you can get at Walmart and I recommend them to any home-gamers.



Note: this model has no USB adapter, so you have to use the audio jack. (Unless you have a usb adapter which is like 1 dollar at Radioshack)

The best part about this headset is that the microphone is not right in front of your mouth so you can still eat/drink without having to lift the microphone out of the way. The sound is excellent, microphone quality is good, and I can still hear what is going on around me thanks to the open ear design. I was hoping the open ear would also help keep the ears cool during an hour gaming session but that is not the case as my ears still get hot and the cloth ear cups don't help the situation any but that is my only complaint.

This guy is a great headset. The microphone is very clear and convenient. The sound quality from the headset is better than you might think for the price.



My only problem is that the headset it kind of tight. I don't have a particularly big head, but I feel like the headphone cups press against the side of my head around the ears kind of hard. I have been waiting for a few weeks to see if this gets better, and it has, but only a little bit. Having said that, I have worn these headphone for 6 hours straight and was OK.



The headset is well worth the money - especially for gaming.

I have a fairly large head. Hat size of 7 and 3/4. These headphones are extremely comfortable. With larger ears, they fit completely into the headphones and comfortably. I also have an industrial piercing and glasses and both of those are unaffected by these headphones. The sound quality is very good for stereo sound. The hiding mic is great for when I want to just listen to music with these and for keeping it safe from breakage. I dont know if I have a newer version of these headsets, but my cord is definitely not as short as others have stated. It is probably about 6 feet. (I just measured, it is 6 feet.) - Plantronics - Headphones - Headset - Gaming'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information