Thursday 25 November 2010

Kids Fishing Equipment - telescopic fishing rod, fishing rod


I bought this mainly for the rod. I have tried many telescopic rods, and most are far from perfect, including this one, but, this is the best one I have found so far. What I liked most about this one is the small size, it is very easy to put in a small pack or fishing purse. It is fairly sturdy for it's size, I have reeled in a few decent size trout with it. I don't think I would use it for anything larger that 12-14" trout. The only problems I had with the rod, was some of the eyes weren't glued too well, and would come loose. I just glued them back and all is good now. Overall, a good combo for the price. Shakespeare Two-Piece Complete Telescopic Spinning Combo (4-Feet 6-Inch)

I got this because I wanted a telescopic rod that would fit in my backpack. I had a 2 piece rod, but it still stuck out way further and always got tangled on things. With this rod, it fits like perfectly and doesn't tangle at all. It also comes with some pretty nice spinners, worm baits, flies, hook assortment, 2 good bobbers, swivels, and some crappy weights. I got it mainly for the rod but the extra's are pretty nice. The weights only came in size small, but the swivels/hooks are good assortments. The bobbers actually stay on the line unlike some other cheap ones I recently got. The spinners come apart pretty easily to attach to different lure which is pretty cool. Overall, I highly recommend this kit to anyone looking for light/medium action who enjoys a telescopic rod.

The reel started falling apart almost the minute I got the pole out of the package. The little plastic pieces that are used for the drag under the top screw started just busting off and falling out. Also, I'm left handed so there was no way to swap the handle over and use it which really bummed me out. It did pack down very small and fit well into my suitcase however. The physical pole was nice and locked well into place. I guess just dropping a new reel on will solve my issues with this set-up.

The Shakespeare Telescopic Rods have been excellent. I purchased this model for myself and two Shakespeare Two-Piece Light Action Complete Telescopic Sc Combo (4-Feet 6-Inch), also on Amazon, for myself and two sons. We place these 3 rods, reels, bait, lures, bobbers, knives and other fishing necessities INTO the following tackle box ---Plano 7603 Flip Sider 3 Tray purchased on Amazon---- and we are ready to roll. I can't tell you how easy it is to travel to the lake or creek to fish. Let me state again that everything fits into this tackle box. My family was totally amazed! I have two sons who are both under the age of seven, so I was very concerned about trying to travel with 3 rod and reels. The rod and reel combos function extremely well and are a breeze to use. I cannot be any more pleased with my purchases! - Kids Fishing - Fishing Rod - Telescopic Fishing Rod - Travel Rod'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kids Fishing Equipment - telescopic fishing rod, fishing rod travel rod Kids Fishing Equipment - telescopic fishing rod, fishing rod