Thursday 25 November 2010

Bluetooth Car Kit - motorola, best bluetooth


I have owned an H700 revision B that was always difficult to pair with my Motorola RIZR phone, and I was never really happy with it overall. It was always flaky and finally died, so I took it apart to see if I could repair it, it's dead. It has a Broadcom Bluetooth chipset. My brother has the same model Revision C that still works and has been a much better unit overall. I bought both units from different vendors about a month apart, about three years ago at holiday time.



When I looked hard at the various new models I could find very few that sit against the ear, which is what I like. I strongly dislike the kind that fit in the ear canal. I decided that I would try Motorola again but I was really looking at other brands. Motorola has done a fantastic job with this new H720. I have owned it for about a month now and I really like it. It pairs very easily, fits well around the ear and the sound quality is much better. Overall I am very pleased with the new H720.



Buyers should take notice that the new H720 wall charger comes in MICRO USB and they may need or want to purchase new car chargers or MICRO/MINI adapters that convert to MINI USB. All my past Motorola gear (except new H720) has the MINI USB plug. Motorola H720 Bluetooth Headset [Motorola Retail Packaging]

Had the H715 and loved it but unfortunately it died. Purchased the H720 and it's ok but I have almost daily problems getting it to connect. I also do not understand why they replaced the nice big indicator light that the H715 had with the teeny tiny pinhole light on the H720. If you're having any problems and are trying to read the lights while going down the road, you're going to have a wreck because you cannot just glance at it like you could the H715. And if the sun is bright, you can just forget being able to see it at all! Other than that, sound quality is great, comfort is excellent, talk time and standby time are exceptional.

This is the BEST bluetooth I have ever owned.



I had the H710 before this, but my car was broken into and it was stolen. I immediately purchased the newest model of the same Motorola series - this H720 - and am thrilled with it.



First of all, this bluetooth does NOT stick INSIDE your ear. I can't stand the bluetooths that do that. This unit has nothing to stick inside your ear. It is flat and lays flat against your ear. It is also loud and clear so you don't have to worry that you're giving up on sound. As a matter of fact, sometimes it's too loud and you can lower the volume easily. The sound is nice and clear, and there is no lag time - you don't miss the first few seconds of the conversation - it picks up immediately.



The other thing that I really like about this unit is the flip open design for turning it on or off. You flip it open to turn it on, and flip it closed to turn it off. Simple. No guesswork involved. I love the simplicity of it.



This bluetooth has a GREAT battery life, both for talktime and standby.



Another improvement that I really like for this bluetooth over the H710 was that they changed that big round light ring, and replaced it with a small dot light. This way I don't walk around looking like I'm a plugged in robot (as I am WEARING this and the H710 would blink as I walked around!). On the H720 there's a little mini dot light which is enough for me to see if the unit is on or off, and is enough for me to see if it's red (which means that it needs to be recharged). Great design improvement! I can look like a human and not like a blinking android.



And another nice feature is that it sounds a tone when the bluetooth battery is running low and needs to be recharged.



Once you use this bluetooth, you wont want to go back to any of the others on the market. I'm spoiled now and can't imagine ever go back to using the others out there. This one is a keeper!

The Motorola H720 headset would not answer incoming calls when flipping open the boom, which was the only reason I bought this headset, since it avoids pocket dialing the last number called when the boom is closed. I used to have an older Motorola model a few years ago on which that feature worked fine, but eventually that headset went bad and people couldn't hear me at all on many calls.



I went through a nightmare of multiple calls to Motorola to get service. After holding through the voice prompt system, someone in India would come on the line and say that the calls were so backed up, it'd be more than an hour wait, so they'd have someone call me back during a designated time. The NEVER called back, even after I called them on 3 different days. Even worse, they could not keep you on hold if you want to wait more than an hour. If they tried it, it would go through the same voice prompt system and start all over again!



I eventually reached support and they sent out a replacement headset, which had the same problem. They insisted that I had to pay the return postage and that they had no ability to get free shipping label to return it, but I could call back and start another whole process, which would have been fruitless, since it took more than a week and tons of time on hold, etc. I said forget it.



My phone is an HTC Evo running Android (now Froyo version) on the Sprint network. There were just a couple of rare times when it did pick up by swinging out the boom, but even swinging out the boom, waiting to hear the beeping tones that it connected, and then pushing the button on the headset would not answer the call either. On my Evo, Sprint's incoming calls only last 15 seconds (and no way to change it - network thing apparently), so this headset killed my ability to answer most calls. I'd have to leave the boom out, which negated the reason for buying, plus uses more battery power.



Second round of support from Motorola got me a service rep in the Phillipines, who was much nice and more helpful than the previous personal in India. I hadn't returned the first headset yet, which was to be sent back at my cost (ridiculous on a new item), so I pushed for free shipping on both, which he managed to do, even though the previous reps said they had not power or ability to do so.



Now I'm waiting for ANOTHER replacement headset, but I doubt that it will work right either. I would NEVER buy this headset again and I will try to avoid Motorola because of their horrible customer support, which I couldn't even get through to for over a week.



I have been happy with many purchases from Amazon, but to return it, now I'm past the 30 days and I'd still have return shipping anyway. This would have been better if I'd bought it locally and just could easily return it for my money back. - Bluetooth - Motorola - Lightweight - Best Bluetooth'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information