Thursday 25 November 2010

Maxell - maxell, blank media


These are excellent blank DVD-Rs.

I have yet to encounter any problems

with the Maxell brand, which is not

the case with some of the competing brands.



However . . . I cannot recommend that

you order it from Amazon.



The Amazon packaging

was so poor that when I opened the box,

I discovered DVDs everywhere inside it,

the bottom of the container had broken

open and the spindle, also broken,

was in several pieces.



Why?

Instead of packing the item securely

with enough plastic packing around

the item, Amazon used as little packing

as possible.

The result. Damaged DVDs and the spindle

broken in several pieces.



Don't let that discourage you from ordering

this brand. Just don't order it from Amazon. Maxell - 100 x DVD-R - 4.7 GB 16x - spindle - storage media

Before ordering this item I saw reviews stating that it had been received damaged. The same happened to my order. Evidently Amazon is unable to rectify this type of problem. I made a complaint by email and by telephone. Amazon will replace items and provide a refund. The agent I spoke to said he could pass my complaint onto the shipping department, but there is no feedback mechanism in place which, acknowledges receipt of the complaint by that department and its intent to improve packing in future. Without that I will not order this item from Amazon again.

The Maxell DVD-R discs are, for the most part, very reliable to record on. I have used this brand for years. However, the discs must be in pristine condition in order to properly record. My complaint isn't with the discs as much as it is with the packaging method that Amazon used (or didn't use) to ship them. I received two spindles of 100 that were just placed in a box and shipped. During transit, the spindle containers were demolished and all 2oo discs were jostled freely about inside the box. Many of the discs were scratched and rendered useless. All Amazon needed to do to prevent the mishap was to fill the voids in the shipping box with styrofoam peanuts or other packing material. I have read reviews from other customers who have had this same misfortune. I thought that maybe my experience would be different -- that maybe Amazon had fired the culprit(s) in their shipping department who neglected to use even the basic of packaging practices. I was wrong! They are still working there. From this experience I have learned that a penny saved is NOT necessarily a penny earned! These are the last DVD-R discs that I will buy from Amazon until they can prove that they really want my business.

My Husband uses a lot of DVD-R with his hobby. He will only use Maxell because of it's compatibility with all players. He never has any problems using it, and his projects always turn out great. He has used other brands and there always seemed to be problems. He uses maxell exclusively

I ordered these blank DVDs and do not have reservations about the quality of them. However, just as other reviewers have noted, the packaging from Amazon was inexcusable. I received the package today, and there was only one air bubble bag, which had punctured en route. The box was too big for the spindle, which arrived in pieces. I am waiting for a replacement.

I won't use anything but Maxell DVDs, and they are hard to find. But after reading reviews about the way these were shipped from Amazon and had arrived in a mess, I was a little skeptical. Even so, I have never had a problem with Amazon and decided to just go for it. I was not disappointed. The tower was so well packed that even though the box itself arrived mashed on one end and the plastic cover was cracked, the DVDs were not even affected. Again my faith in Amazon customer service has been justified.

These DVDs are of the best quality and I have used over 300 of them with only one or two that wouldn't cooperate. I tried Memorex and had several bad disks in a 30 pack. Amazon has improved it's packing and the case of disks came through unscathed. - Blank Dvd Media - Maxell - Blank Media - Media'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information