Wednesday 10 November 2010

Minidv Tapes


I use these Mini DV Tapes for my Canon Vixia HV30 camera. I don't re-use the cassettes so I wind up going through a lot of tape and so I'm always looking for a good price. This set was it as buying in the store would have cost a whole lot more. Sony DVC60PRL Mini DV Tape 60min Premium Data Cartridge 10 Packs

Its simple. Over the years I have shot with every brand of tape and every tape format from pro level 1" Type C and 1/2" Betacam SP to home formats like VHS, Super VHS and now, Mini-DV. Most name brands are good. Some are excellent. Sony is both -- and consistently both.



In the production process, tape is the least expensive but in many ways the most important item because the information recorded on it is the culmination of ones day at work. And when you are shooting an event or story that you cannot go back and do-over, consistency of quality counts. And that's the reason I tend to use Sony.

I only use the Sony Premium Mini DV tapes in my Panasonic DVX 100B. As I was getting low on supply I started looking for more to purchase and naturally went to the Amazon site. Got just what I was looking for a a great price.

I use the Sony DVC60PRL Mini DV for my HD video cameras. I used to use the DV tapes rated for HD but it does not make a difference in out put quality; yes the HD rated tapes are better manufactured with higher quality magnetic tape, etc but really the tapes are played less than five times; I record then digitize then store. These tapes are great and I like the price.



John

[...]

These cassettes in the 10-pack is in my opinion very affordable, considering I almost bought a 6-pack for 32.00 pounds sterling. The quality rating depends on what you want them for. In our case, we are trying to avoid too much re-using of the same tape for video recording.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information