Wednesday 10 November 2010

Cpu Compound


I used this product to install my cooler master hyper 212 plus heatsink. It is stiff in consistency and difficult to spread in an even layer. Therefore, I give it four instead of five stars. On the plus side, this very stiffness may alleviate concerns over running where it should not when subjected to heat. Arctic Silver Ceramique High-Density Thermal Compound 2.5 Gram 1cc Tube RoHS Compliant

I've used Arctic Silver on several computers, mainly just for the CPU whenever I get a new cooler or build a computer from scratch in fact is better than the stock thermal paste that Intel or AMD give you (if you know how much to put on). This purchase was used on my HP DV9000z laptop which perpetually overheats because its a 17 inch laptop with 2 HDDs a great processor and "powerful" graphics yet it only has 1 tiny fan. I put arctic silver both on the processor of the DV9000z and more importantly, the NVidia chip which was doing all the overheating. It helped the problem a lot. It still runs hot which is why I don't use the laptop that often anymore but its definitely running at a safe temp now.

Arctic Silver is definitely the way to go!

Also, this 2.5G tube is more than enough for a single processor, I did 3 separate chips (1 processor, 2 nvidia chips) and it still had leftovers so a 1.5g tube would probably suffice if you are just applying it to a desktop CPU.

I've used the AS Ceramique on five different PC builds and the stuff works great. It's never let me down. Provides very good adhesion and heat transfer. The most recent PC I built has an AMD Phenom II X4 555 Black Edition with a Corsair Hydro H50 for cooling and my CPU temps have been consistently 34 C to 36 C. Haven't done any overclocking yet, but I don't foresee any problems with heat in my set-up. I won't use any other thermal grease. No reason to mess with a good thing!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cpu Compound Cpu Compound Cpu Compound