Wednesday 10 November 2010

Microfiber Cloths


These are the best cleaning cloths I have ever used. I clean everything in my house with them. They don't scratch, they don't leave lint, and they clean like a dream. You don't even need chemicals - a little bit of water and these clean windows better than anything I've ever used. Just pop them in the wash and you're not using up paper towels. I've washed mine dozens of times and they are still going strong. Great product. Zwipes Microfiber 36-Pack of Cleaning Cloths

I love microfiber. It's wonderful. You can use it for just about anything. Clothing, upholstery, bedding, cleaning cloths - it's everywhere now and there's a good reason. It's incredibly soft, sturdy, and absorbent. There are variations in quality though. For all-purpose cloths, these are a great deal, and you stock up to boot. These cloths don't look that sturdy, but they are. Keep a dozen in the kitchen, you may never buy paper towels again. You can clean just about anything with them. There are better cloths for polishing glass, but these will work. They're also good for dusting off your keyboard. Why don't you do that right now? It probably needs it.



These would make a good practical gift for any teen or adult.

The first time purchasing these from Lowe's I really didn't have a clue about what a terrific product I was picking up - just labeled as cleaning cloths, so I grabbed some. When I started using them, it was incredible to see just how well these little wonder cloths worked on EVERTHING. Heck, I don't even need window cleaner for my windows anymore! Now I'm buying a whole bunch of them to share with my family and friends... as a single mom with limited time, these are a God-send in getting my housework done.

And a great bargain to boot. I see these for as much as $1.00 each in stores so Amazon's price structure is great.

I love these for my eyeglasses, mirrors and windows. All are streak free now.

If they have a downside it is shrinkage. I wish these were preshrunk as I like the size when new. The are much closer to washcloth size once put through wash and dry. BTW, be sure to wash these in a load you don't use fabric softener. No dryer sheets either. It affects the absorbency.

I thought I'd take a chance on these wipes because I was tired of using spray on products and tons of paper towels to clean. I have used these towels to dust plantation shutters, my stove top, wooden furniture, etc. It was amazing to me how it grabbed the dust without having to "dampen" the surfaces with a cleaning product. I have already washed them several times and they are still working as they did when new.

I did a little research on microfiber in general and decided to give this a try. I gave some to my mom who was the first to use it and she raved about it. I used it in the kitchen and it worked great! Just a little sprinkle of water on it and it attacks the dirt. Its absorbancy is nice too.



Things to keep in mind: wash/dry these by themselves since they will attract lint from other materials. Do not use fabric softeners - the oils will stay on them. Best used with a little water. These are not just for cars!



FYI - this will seem odd but hey it works. I have oily skin on my forehead and face. I use these to absorb it without having to wash my face every 2-3 hours. Its size is that of a washcloth anyway.

I purchased the 36 pack of Zwipes because I was going through more than a roll of paper towels a day (yes, a day) tending the spills and thrills of caring for my 88-year-old father-in-law. They are great for cleaning up food spills on the counter; scrubbing dried spills on the floor; making a quick wipe-down of the bathroom; using with cleaners on door knobs, handles, etc. They are soft enough to wipe dirty faces and tough enough to wash the car.



If I had any recommendations for the manufacturer it would be to allow me to purchase the colors that I want instead of packing them in color combos. I would have preferred all one color. BTW, the yellow stains easily so don't use it for spills that stain. Also, be careful if you use them outside. Things like leaf litter from your car grill will get caught in the fibers and not come out. You can't even pick it out. Also, wash them alone, or with jeans, sheets, etc--things that don't put out lint litter. Because little strings from other wash items will get caught in the Zwipes fibers and it's really, really, and I mean really, hard to get them out. In fact--it's not worth trying. But these drawbacks are easily managed by not throwing them the wash with other towels or using them to mop the bathroom floor (yeah, hair gets caught in them too). Regardless, I still assert that the product is well worth the investment. They've paid for themselves already at my house. The price for 36 was recouped in my reduced paper towel bill. It's a big stack for little cash and they do big jobs asking for very little maintenance in return.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information