Wednesday 10 November 2010

Audio Conferencing - bluetooth, expandable multi-handset


I had never heard of Vtech phone before and read the reviews for this system and thought the blue-tooth connection wouldn't be used in my house. However I decided to give it a try and I was amazed by the sound quality and the battery life, and I actually find myself using the blue-tooth to use my cell phone all the time. One of the best features is being able to use different handsets at the same time, they can all conference on one line or you can conference on the home line and other handsets can conference on the cell line, amazing feature! My only drawback is I don't like that it has an answering machine I have voicemail on my cell and my vonage line so there is no need for it to take up extra space, but very very small drawback. Vtech DS6301 DECT 6.0 Digital Accessory Handset with Caller ID and Handset Speakerphone (DS6301)

We had the uniden phones before this which were very good and lasted a long time (about 6 years). When I went to find a replacement system, consumer reports had the Vtechs better rated than Uniden so I found a system with the features we needed and went with it. Really like the bluetooth ability to link to our cellphones so cell calls can be answered with the home phones. Also the ability to dump all my contact phone numbers into the Vtech from my cell saved hours of entering information for frequently called numbers. On the down side, the Unidens allowed us to enter a custom name for each phone so that we knew which extension belonged in each room and where the intercom calls were going. The Vtechs don't allow the indivual phones to be named so it's just extension 1, extention 2, etc. Small but important item if you have many extentions like we do. Also, Vtech could have done a better job with area code recognition for long distance dialing. You enter your home area code in the setup but if you have a number programmed into the phone that is outside your area code, it doesn't automatically put the 1 in front of the area code for long distance dialing. It's an easy feature to program in for Vtech, not sure why they left it out. But it makes you have to go into each stored number, that is long distance, and add a 1 before the stored number. What a pain! Overall though, the phones work well and sound quality is excellent.

This wireless system was bought to replace a previous V-tech wireless system which was not expandable. I bought this base unit and then extra phones because I wanted to drop my landline and use the bluetooth capabilities of this unit to connect to my cell phones (2). After porting the landline number to a cell phone and dropping the landline, I hooked the home line to a Magic Jack from my desktop computer and connected the cell phones as planned through bluetooth. They work great.



I use the Magic Jack line to dial out, so I don't have to use cell minutes when at home. Everyone who has my home number can still reach me through the cell, whether at home or away. I bought another Magic Jack to hook to my server in a closet which is attached to a UPS, and I attached it to my house alarm system.



This was a very painless transition,and I no longer have to pay for a landline.

We have had our setup for use with two cell phones for several months now.

One of the neatest features is assignable ring tones.

Our landline has one tone, my cellphone has another, and my spouse's phone has a third.

We know which calls are for whom, right away.

I bought this to add to the 3 extensions that came with the base, and this works as expected. Took about 10 seconds to add it to the system, and it took my wife about a week to realize we had a fourth handset.

Had the system with 6 phone for a few weeks. It has met all my expectations. Been using the Bluetooth feature and am planning on dumping my two land lines and using cell phone with the new VTech DS6301 system.

I just added three of these handsets to the 3-set base system I received last week. So easy to set up and the features are great. I like the size and feel of the phone, not to big or heavy. Sound quality is excellent even with a lot of wireless activity going on in our "smart home." The bluetooth feature is a plus. I probably won't use it a lot, but it will be great not to have to run downstairs only to miss the cell phone ringing in my purse.

I purchased the original four handset system 3 months ago (XMAS 2009) and found the product quality to be very good the menu system is fairly intuitive and although I have not had occasion to pair my cell phones with it yet I find all the other features perform as described. The handsfree for the handset works very well and each handset acts a s a portable base. I added two additional handsets with this purchase and they registered to the base immediately with no problems. Feature rich with a great price point. - Cordless Phone - Expandable Multi-handset - Bluetooth Phone - Bluetooth'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information