Saturday 13 November 2010

Laptop Power Adapters - netbook, power cord


The adapter that arrived says "Dell" on the bottom, but the voltage is the correct and the jack fits perfectly into my Acer Aspire One. Although it was not in the image, it did come with the cord connecting the power adapter to the wall as detailed in the description. I would have given five stars, but both the cord from the wall to the adapter and the adapter to the computer are quite a bit shorter than my original Acer adapter. Otherwise, it works just fine. 40W Laptop Notebook AC Adapter Charger Power Supply for Acer Aspire One series and Dell Inspiron Mini 9 10 12 series Laptops [19V 1.58A 40W]

When my Dell Mini 9 stopped charging with its original charger cord I was worried. My whole life revolves around that machine these days, and I was worried that I was going to have to replace it. A replacement cord from Dell was $50, and that seemed more than a little steep--especially considering the fact that I was not even entirely sure that it was the cord that was broken.



Fortunately, I came across this charger. The price was definitely right. The charger arrived in just a few days, and it works great. I wish I had bought two of them.



The cord itself is perhaps 6 to 12 inches shorter than the original one that came with my computer, and I will admit that I like the wall wart style of the original better. However, this cord is thicker, and it is already bent 90 degrees where it plugs into the computer, so my guess is that it is less likely to short. The picture does not show the cord that actually plugs into the wall, but my cord came with a two prong plug. If you have a Dell Mini 9 this is the charger you want.

The charger works acceptably, though its a bit short. My only real beef with it is that, even when not actively charging the battery, the cord becomes absolutely scalding hot when left plugged in for anywhere over an hour. I left it exposed on top of a couch, and when I picked it up to move it, I dropped it from my hand because the thing was white hot. Even the spot on the couch where it sat stayed hot for a good amount of time.



Expect a working product, but at least with an Acer, expect one that you shouldn't keep plugged in for very long.

I looked left and right for an ac adapter at a reasonable price for my Acer AspireOne.



I kind of lucked out finding this adapter because it fits the specs I was looking for.



The adapter works perfectly. I'm happy I found it. I'd recommend it to anybody who owns an Acer AspireOne.

I bought this in October, and it's February. This thing has been acting up for about a month, and now it's totally dead. It won't do ANYTHING. I can't even rig it with pressure or different computer positions or anything. I don't take my laptop with me much, and I don't leave it plugged in over the time needed to charge my laptop. Basically, I've treated it pretty well. I have no idea why it's not working. Not worth the frustration! I haven't even had this thing half a year, and I'm looking to buy a new one. Save yourself major frustration, and do not buy.

I purchased this for my uncles who's charger for his Acer Aspire One A0A-150 Netbook eventually broke down. The only differences between the two chargers are; the new one has a smaller brick, doesn't get quite as hot and it has a shorter cord which might be a con to some, because of this I deducted one star. Other than that, this is a good/cheap replacement for your netbook charger, just check the list to make sure its compatible. - Power Cord - Netbook - Ac Power Adapters - Power Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Laptop Power Adapters - netbook, power cord netbook Laptop Power Adapters - netbook, power cord