Monday 1 November 2010

Grinder Accessories


I have an old model 380-6 Dremel Moto-Tool. This attachment does not fit on that model correctly (and was not advertised to), because the thread pitch is slightly different. It turns out the the Moto-Tool plastic is harder than the attachment plastic, and by screwing it on firmly while pressing it on, I managed to cut a new thread in the attachment. It fit on securely, the alignment was fine, and it worked correctly to sharpen my chainsaws. I used the lowest speed, and didn't have any trouble with overheating the cutting edges of the saw teeth. Note that you should also buy a depth gauge tool and file. Sharpening the saw teeth lowers them a little, and every few sharpenings, the depth gauges on the chain need to be filed down to keep the depth of cut correct. I use a short piece of ribbon tie stuck through a link of chain to mark where I start; it is thin enough and flexible enough to pass through the drive sprocket. I haven't tried the mower blade or garden shear sharpening jigs yet. Dremel A679-02 Sharpening Attachment Kit

I was going to purchase just the Dremel attachement to sharpen my chainsaw after reading other reviews. I saw this kit came with other sharpening attachements so I thought I would get the kit.

The chainsaw sharpener worked better than I could imagine. It was quick to install and did not take long at all to sharpen my chain. I was using a chainsaw file before and it was tedious and I didn't always get it very sharp. Using this attachment, my chain was very sharp and tore through logs while spitting out nice big wood chips.

The lawnmower attachment I tried out today. It didn't do too well and my Dremel started getting hot while doing just half a lawnmower blade. I guess I just need to get a grinder. I have not tried sharpening shears yet. As of right now, I would recommend just buying the chainsaw sharpener and not the kit.

I purchased this item to sharpen some gardening tools. Works best with straight blades. Did not work so well on curved items such as shovels and spades. Worked well for manual hedge trimmers and clippers.



I did not have any use for the chainsaw attachment, however, I have since learned you can purchase just the gardening tool attachment.Dremel 675 Lawn Mower and Garden Tool Sharpener Attachment



Like other reviewers, if you need precision, use a professional to do it. If you are just sharpening old tools, then this works okay.

Dremel. What more do you have to say? I'm forever impressed with the number of tasks I can complete with my Dremel and its accessories. A few minutes with the Dremel and the grinding attachments and you're done with your sharpening. Couldn't be any easier.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Grinder Accessories Grinder Accessories Grinder Accessories