Monday 1 November 2010

Anti-seize


I used it for my squeaking clutch pedal. I sprayed it around the Clutch Interlock switch and...no more noise. It saved me from having to replace the pedal assembly at the dealer for $200-$300. The parts alone would have cost me $150. 3-In-One 10041 Silicone Spray Lubricant, Aerosol Can, 11 Fluid Ounce, 3" OD, 2.63" Length

This product was recommended by some members on a forum for automotive use, but I quickly found other uses for it. Since it dries almost grease-less, its ideal for many applications. This, along with a good White-Lithium lubricant, should be a staple in all households.

I like the corrosion preventative properties of silicone spray lubes. This product seems to penetrate the bluing on firearms and actually improve the finish after a few applications. I have also cleaned up some older pieces that had a little freckling starting. #400 steel wool and this product cleaned up the rust, and it hasn't started to come back after several years, unlike some other products I have tried. It smells like the traditional 3 in 1 oil in a can

I guess I'm responsible for this one. I meant to by food grade silicone lubricant, but instead got this product. This product contains oil and should not be used near food or anywhere you don't want to get oily. I use food grade silicone to preserve my rubber scuba gear and it goes on dry, but this stuff can't be used for that because it makes a mess. I'm sure its ok for other things.

The lubricant worked just fine for my application -- rubber on metal. My only complaint is that the spray nozzle would not accommodate the straw attachment that came with the can. The hole on the nozzle was about 4 times bigger than the straw. The spray nozzle without a straw only does a wide spray pattern, which caused considerable overspray for me. Now that I think about it, I probably could have used the spray nozzle from my WD-40 can. Not a huge deal, but mildly annoying.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Anti-seize Anti-seize Anti-seize