Thursday 7 October 2010

Uv Protection - wetsuits, swimwear


We were looking to purchase a larger sized "warm suit" for my daughter who regularly swims in a Wisconsin lake and thought this would be perfect--since we already owned two smaller sized Aqua Sphere Stingray Core Warmers from a few years ago and have LOVED them. We realized that this would be thinner than a regular wet-suit, but unfortunately, when we recieved this new suit, it was MUCH thinner than the previous versions and it was hardly much more than a bathing suit in thickness! I would suggest looking elsewhere if you want something that will actually keep the kids warm. If you are looking for something to block the sun and provide "full coverage", then you might like this suit, but if you are looking for anything else, I think you'll be disappointed. Aqua Sphere Stingray Core Warmer (Blue, 6T)

Great quality, but the 6T I ordered, which actually has written on the tag '6T' would fit a 3-yr-old. I bought it for my 5-yr-old for a trip to California and my 4-yr-old couldn't even fit in it, it was sooooo small!!! I still have it because I have little time to fool around with returns. Does anyone need this great 3T suit? It really looks like a fabulous suit!

My daughter wears a size 5T but she is really slim and tall. We got her the 4T, as they didn't have a 5T and I didn't think the 6T would fit. After reading another of the reviews I was hesitant, but although it looked tiny to hold it up, when we put it on her it fit her great! If you don't know much about swim suits and competition you wouldn't know that these things are made to stretch and you don't want baggy suits in the water. We bought this for her to do her first triathlon in! She loved the colors and is so excited about her new suit. Haven't seen how the thermal part works yet, but guessing off the material (which is not a wetsuit, but thicker than a swimsuit) I think it will be perfect. My son has non-stop chattering teeth in his swim classes, as they are in an indoor pool, so we are going to use the suit for him as well.

My grandson is very slim and gets cold when swimming no matter how warm the weather, so I bought this for him. He is small for his age as well, and so I purchased the size I thought would fit him best. I had to order a size 8 for him because of his petite size, and It fits him perfectly!! He tells me he really likes it because it helps to keep him warm. He also likes the colors and it looks more mature than the babyish ones he has had in the past. He is 11 and wants to look cool these days. :)

I bought this because other reviewers said it helped keep their kids warm. My 4 yo daughter was taking swim lessons in very cold, indoor (supposedly heated) pool. I was excited to try the core warmer. It looked adorable on her and she loved it. I hoped she would be more comfortable in the water during her swim lesson, but her lips were still blue and her teeth were still chattering after 15 mins.

I have a very small, almost 3 year old, who weighs less than 25lbs and is always cold in the water. I also have a 5 year old who is tall but skinny. These suits probably does help a bit with the cold but my younger son still shivers and has blue lips after 30 minutes in 82 degree water. My older son last longer in the water but says the front of the suit chokes his neck. Indeed the front neckline is cut so high that even though the rest if the suit fits them both fine, the neckline in the front digs into the neck. Why did they make it like that? I am going to need to cut the neck down or do something because as-is the kids cannot be comfortable. I would not Buy this again.

Got this for my 8 yr old son, to use during diving practice in the winter - we live in Florida, so the pool is outdoors, but it's been chilly this year! This swimsuit looks & feels great on him, & helps keep him a bit warmer around the mid-body area between dives.

I ordered a size 10 for my 9-year-old son, who is small for his age. It fits perfectly and keeps him warm in and out of water. This streamlined outfit together with U.S. Divers Youth Coral Island Dry Snorkel Mask with Hingeflex Jr. Fin and Travelite Bag Set makes him the fastest in his swimming class. Now we are worried that he is not getting all the work-out.

My daughter is so skinny that she can't swim in our lake. It's just too cold. We've tried wearing several swim suits and other "thermals", but this one is the best. Even at 68 degrees she could swim. - Swimwear - Uv Protection - Wetsuits - Mens'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Uv Protection - wetsuits, swimwear uv protection Uv Protection - wetsuits, swimwear