Tuesday 19 October 2010

Snow Removal - snow thrower, snowblower


I have used this item twice since purchase--a 2 inch and a 4 inch snowfall. It does an excellent job of throwing loose snow from my driveway. The only problem I have noticed is that the plastic scraper (also known as the snow spade) wears down rapidly. I am using the thrower on a concrete drive and pushing it across the concrete is like grinding the plastic away. Replacement scrapers are $20 so I hope I don't have to replace it several times a year. It seems to me that the scraper should have a metal wear surface that would hold up better than the plastic. I am in the process of trying to design aluminum "skid" for that purpose. Greenworks 26012 12-Inch 7 Amp Electric Snow Thrower

I live in a row home in a major city on the East Coast. I bought this thinking that it would peed up the clearing of my sidewalk and to dig out my cars on the street. The shovel works very in deep snow and is light enough not kill your back. The biggest drawback is that there is no way to control the speed of the blade. As a result, the shovel creates a 25 foot plum snow, which makes maneuvering the shovel very difficult. I spent a lot of my time ensuring that I didn't pepper my neighbor's house with snow or shooting the snow into the street.

I am a widow women going on five years now. I use to shovel my deck but thanks to the Greenworks Electric Snow Thrower it is a breeze shoveling the deck. Great price and FREE SHIPPING ALSO.



Greenworks 26012 12-Inch 7 Amp Electric Snow Thrower

we live in sw colorado, so this was a great purchase. my husband LOVES it, we got dumped on with snow this morning...so it came just in time

looking to purchase some added items from this company later on,

added bonus that they are a green friendly company

best buy of the year

This snow thrower is a terrific value. It has a couple of minor flaws, but on the whole I am extremely pleased.



I live in an older house, and so the 7-amp motor (what some might see as a disadvantage, was a real benefit to me) because it doesn't easily trip the household breakers. (It hasn't tripped them yet, in fact, after about 4 hours of usage moving substantial snow.) It also has a built in circuit protector which I have not yet tripped either. The reset button is convenient and well-designed. It throws the snow with enough force that it can make it from one side of the double driveway to the piles beyond the other. It's trigger system and dead man's switch work well, and don't require a lot of fussing to operate. Also, unlike several other electric yard tools I own, it has a clever looping system for the cord near the plug which makes it all but impossible to disconnect it by accident. It comes pre-assembled and ready to use out of the box. It is a bit heavy to move around, but certainly lighter than a big full gas-powered one.



I wish it had a handle that was 8 to 12 inches longer. It can be adjusted (which is nice) but its longest setting is a bit short. I am only 5'10", but I have to bend way over to get the shovel at the optimum angle for throwing snow over the considerable banks around the driveway. It wants to be used at an angle relatively close to the ground in any case, which a few extra inches of handle would make more comfortable. It also much prefers light and fluffy snow to the stuff that builds up at the end of the driveway from the snow plow. In a perfect world, its deflector would be adjustable to give at least a bit of an angle to the toss. But those are mostly quibbles over an $80 snow thrower.



The big snow last week, I spent three hours shoveling the driveway, with help some of the time from my son and some from my wife. This morning, I did the whole thing myself in just over an hour, and I'm not nearly as wiped out from the hour. The handle length is really the only design flaw that I feel could be fixed at this price point, but it's a real issue. If they fix that, I'll happily revise to 5 stars, and start giving them out as presents to all my friends!

I bought this for my husband for Christmas 2010. I was tired of seeing him shoveling snow with a regular shovel. I waited to put a review here until he was actually using it which is happening now. He has now begun doing neighbor's sidewalks just to see how high the snow is thrown which is considerable.



This arrived well packed from Greenworks and well constructed, easy to move around and obviously fun to use! My husband is 61, strong and healthy..........I'd like to see this continue just as much as the inside 'kid' who loves to play also continues!



This is a great product, worth the price and I know I can even use it too (I'm older than my husband)!

This product performed above and beyond what was stated. I had 7 inches of snow and it moved it all! I think i'm in love! it is not too heavy so you can do steps and different levels without difficulty.

With the exception of the on/off switch the Thrower works very well. So far I've used it twice, and it does a fine job on both heavy and light snow types. These snowfalls were in the 4-5 inch range. The problem with the hand switch is that it requires the operator to apply a rather heavy grip to keep the power engaged. I used a tie-wrap to permananetly keep the unit switched on and used the plug to turn it on and off. - Snow Removal - Snowblower - Snow Thrower - Electric Snow Blower'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Snow Removal - snow thrower, snowblower electric snow blower Snow Removal - snow thrower, snowblower